I've been watching, now I can contribute...

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

I've been watching, now I can contribute...

Postby YourFavoritePainInTheAss » 21 Oct 2012, 10:14

Hello,
My name is Jen and I am a 35 y/o female, married with 3 boys, and am a special education teacher. I have been reading this forum for about a month and it has been a life saver. I started suffering with the severe rectal pain and intense bleeding with potty trips 2 years ago. I have been to multiple docs, had scopes, tried every cream, CT scans, tons of bloodwork and even had a GI tell me to check my pain perception, knowing that I had an anal fissure. Finally, I gave up. In these past 2 years I have went from being very physically active by working out at least 3-4 times per week and being active with the boys. Since the hell started, I have gained 50 lbs, rarely every get a good night's sleep, and have turned into a walking zombie. This forum truly helped me to realize that I was not alone, which was comfort in itself.
I saw a CRS surgeon this past Wednesday. While she wasn't a warm and fuzzy kindof doctor, she is the only one who finally suggested surgery. Because I had been reading this, I knew what LIS was and was scheduled for surgery this past Friday morning. She explained that she typically does surgery on Wednedsay and people return to work on Monday. I figured that 2 days wouldn't make a difference and I planned on returning to work this Tuesday. WRONG! I have been in soo much pain, while taking 2 percosets every 4 hours (Nyquill gives me hangovers) and Vallium at night. I have been eating only fiber foods, taking Colace, drinking lots of water when I am awake (which I usually puke up) and still have had no BM and am having intense pain. I am supposed to go back to work in 2 days but I don't know if that will happen (I am out of sick days becasue of the this butt thing and teach special education...so taking time off isn't exactly beneficial to anyone involved).
I guess I had hoped for less pain than before surgery, but my butt has had different plans. Anyone else have a similar experience? And, when should I start weaning of the narcotics so I can return to someday being a mom and teacher?
Thanks for reading!! Image Image
YourFavoritePainInTheAss
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: I've been watching, now I can contribute...

Postby cherylk » 21 Oct 2012, 12:07

Firstly, I LOVE special ed teachers. Image You guys are very SPECIAL people, and I used to sub in special ed which is where I felt most comfortable (as opposed to regular ed). But did both. Those narcs and other meds could be constipating you. Have you ever tried taking some Miralax?? I have not had LIS so cannot respond to some of your concerns/questions.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Re: I've been watching, now I can contribute...

Postby YourFavoritePainInTheAss » 22 Oct 2012, 12:03

Hi Cheryl,
Thank for the quick response! Thank for the comments about my career---love it! I started using Mirlax yesterdaday, but today is misery. Just want to cry.
YourFavoritePainInTheAss
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2