Diltiazem made AF worse?

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Diltiazem made AF worse?

Postby cherylk » 23 Oct 2012, 20:37

Thanks, Ever. Some good info with lots of explanations!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby sufferer » 29 Oct 2012, 22:44

Sorry to hear that StevePain :( Hope you feel better soon.
My saga doesn't seem to have an end..just a few sunny days leading me to believe it was finally over! I was continuing my routine of diet, water, sitz, diltiazem (wk 4) and coconut oil..until I got my periods last week. I continued the diltiazem and coconut oil, but maybe it kept the area so moist most of the day that suddenly after my periods I had a rash on both my bums, closer to the anal region. Looks like I have a yeast infection now due to the cocktail I've been applying for so long! Sorry for being so explicit! I have to discontinue diltiazem coz it is making it worse.
back to square one. Extremely frustrated. now I hv to take care of the yeast infection first. Is there a point in continuing dilti, if it hasn't healed the fissure after 4 wks? Is there anyone on this forum who has tried Nitro after Diltiazem failed?
sufferer
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby Ever the Optimist » 05 Nov 2012, 16:03

Hi Suff,
Sorry you've had a set back....I think a lot of us women tend to suffer more when the dreaded period arrives just because of the hormone stuff going on and also for me, I find I tend to feel a little more constipated because everything down there feels tighter and more painful. I also use tampax rather than pads, which is probably not the best idea because of the added pressure in the area. I find removing it immediately before the BM tends to help. Sorry - bit graphic but that's what happens with me and periods don't help!!
I would say be wary about applying too much external oil etc. on the area. I found great relief in using olive oil with my fissure BUT developed my abscess a couple of weeks after and I'm wondering if applying the oil didn't help in some way in clogging the gland that caused the abscess?? I don't know for sure, it may just have been bad luck, but I think relief is good from oils/ aloe etc. but also maintain the balance of keeping the area dry too.
Why do you feel the Diltiazem is making things worse? Is it irritating the yeast infection? Are you continuing to use the Coconut too? Was it a combination of them both? Unless, you are severely suffering, I would say drop the oil and persevere with the Dilitiazem, especially since it did seem to be helping you? I was advised to use it up to 8 weeks, so 4 weeks is only half way through??
Unfortunately, I started with the Nitro and then moved to the Diltiazem after getting too much of a head rush from it but I'm sure someone on this site will have done the reverse!
Aw....sorry you've had a setback but you've already proven to yourself that you can start to feel better!! Good luck and keep us updated.
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby sufferer » 23 Nov 2012, 09:18

Thanks, Ever the Optimist. Currently I am only continuing the coconut oil coz I think Diltiazem will get the yeast infection back. How do you know you have an abscess? What are some early signs?
sufferer
Salt Bather

Topics: 7