LIFT procedure

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

LIFT procedure

Postby bkarthikisc » 09 Nov 2012, 03:13

Hello,
Am glad to have found this forum. I am a 31 year old male from UK. I have an anal fistula. In June 2012 i had a drainage seton put in. Three days back i went in for the second surgery - the colorectal surgeon told me before the operation that he was thinking of doing an advanced flap or cutting seton.
Post the surgery, the surgeon told me that he had done a LIFT procedure and has laid it open. Had my bowel movement yesterday and today and the pain was unbearable. Am on paracetamol and diclofenac.
Was wondering if someone could advice about the recovery after a LIFT procedure please. How long does the pain last during bowel movements please? :oops:
bkarthikisc

Topics: 1

Re: LIFT procedure

Postby Ever the Optimist » 09 Nov 2012, 13:33

Hiya,
Just bumping your post back up and hoping someone will chime in soon with some information on the LIFT procedure, which unfortunately I have no knowledge of.
I had a very superficial fistulomy back in June too this year but not as complicated as your situation, so can't be of much help, other than to say, call your CRS if you are suffering too much and pester for further reassurance and advice.
Trying a search on the "LIFT" procedure on this site. I am certain there's been others in your situation and there's someone there to offer you the help and reassurance you currently need.
All the very best to you and hoping the pain starts to diminish soon.... Just keep those BM's as soft as you can whilst healing and keep on top of the pain (i.e. take the painkillers before you go to the toilet, so they are already kicking into your system and providing relief)
Hoping you start to feel better soon and the answers you need. :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby bkarthikisc » 09 Nov 2012, 13:39

bkarthikisc

Topics: 1

Postby KARENCSY » 07 May 2013, 17:10

I'm having the lift procedure done soon; dealing with this going on 9 months; last 2 weeks on 1000mg cepro for infection;plus have a drain in. I've had 3 surguries so far; no success; not looking forward for the lift.what if it doesn't work; then what ?????
KARENCSY