Thank you for this site!! Need some input for my journey

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Thank you for this site!! Need some input for my journey

Postby weise14214 » 21 Nov 2012, 07:30

Thank god i found this, very frustrated with AF issue!!
Would love some inputs on my challenge with the goal to heal this problem and end the pain!!
Discovery; Had a prostrate biopsy and the after effect was a Rectal Fissure, oh joy!!!! As you already know the pain was beyond description and it took several months to determine it was a RF.
Treatment; Started with Anucort Rectal Supp with the Rectiv 0.4% ointment. Good news I went from passing large hunks of broken glass to small hunks of broken glass.
Still using Anucort Supp which seem to help the morning ritual but now on Bethamethsone Val 0.1%, again sustaining pain level. Also using the baby wipes which was a very good idea, less irritation. My Doctor has given me a diet recommendation, limit caffeine, beer, wine, etc. which i don't understand since my diet has not changed from the onset and the cause was the biopsy, anyway I'm limiting intake just in case. For the record I have never been one with firm BM's, always normal to soft.
So the question is this a good course of action? Should I try something else, anything else to put this issue to bed, i.e. Dr Wheatgrass? Others? I think I'm getting close to healing but it lingers and when it goes bonkers the pain, as you all know, is incredible.
Thanks for your help!!!!!!!
weise14214

Topics: 1

Re: Thank you for this site!! Need some input for my journey

Postby Ever the Optimist » 21 Nov 2012, 15:29

Hi Weise,
Great to hear you have a great sense of humour about a very painful condition!
You said you tried the Rectogesic, but have you considered the Diltizem cream as an alternative? This was brilliant for me.
I'm a bit scepical about Dr Wheatgrass but there may be others who swear by it, so hoping someone else chimes in with their experience.
I found natural aloe vera a great pain relief (cut straight from the plant) so that could be worth a shot for you - although it is more short-term pain relief unlike the Recto/ Diltizem but extremely cool, soothing and great to use.
Others have sworn by Coconut Oil! so that could also be a bit of research for you?
Finally,.... if after you tried and tested some of the above and they aren't helping, get back to your CRS for further advice and they may suggest another course of action.
Good luck to you truly in getting through this, but you will! :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby weise14214 » 21 Nov 2012, 17:53

Thank you for your input! I have to keep a sense of humor about this or I will go nuts! I will look into the Dilt cream and do some research. I'm trying to build a regiment of applications to test each effect on the symptoms. Right now I'm not sure I will get through this but your words are appreciated.
weise14214

Postby Neen » 22 Nov 2012, 18:42

dont use the anucort for too long. I did and when I finally had surgery the doc said my anus skin was "fried". Not good! I had 2 surgeries, the 2nd one was in Sept. I have used coconut oil on my butt this time around and it has helped alot! Good luck!
Neen
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby weise14214 » 22 Nov 2012, 20:10

Ok, how long was too long? I don't want to do more damage. I have read a lot on this site about the coconut oil. Does is promote healing or just reduce the pain, itch etc. Thanks a lot for your inputs!!
weise14214

Postby owmybum » 23 Nov 2012, 10:54

Some say coconut oil promotes healing.... For some it just provides soothing relief.... Either way... Most achieve some sort of benefit from using it.
Unfortunately, it irritated me..... Everything does!! Image
I think it's the extra virgin oil that you should go for.
Omb
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !