BOTOX Diary

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

BOTOX Diary

Postby T-Rex » 12 Nov 2012, 04:19

Hello everyone
I first came to this forum and made my account because I had questions about Botox. My CRS Suggested we try Botox after 8 months of living with an anal fissure and hemmerhoids. So Ive decided to create a diary of my experience so anyother person who comes here looking for this type of advice can find it!
Feel free to ask any questions.
October - Date with my CRS. Suggested Botox. Appointment made.
November 2nd - Pre-op appointment. Usual nonsence about things. Do you smoke? No. Do you wear glasses? Well I have them on my face dont i!?
November 12th - Its currently 10:20am and my "surgery" is 1:30pm Im a little nervous because Ive never went under GA before. Im sure it all will go well. Im getting Botox, and burning off skin tags, and a scope to look at the hemmies. Unsure whether hell do anything with them today though (I wish hed just cut them out or something.)
In any case, I shall continue after my surgery and let you all know how it went.
T-Rex
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: BOTOX Diary

Postby richibeno » 12 Nov 2012, 06:56

good luck
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Postby T-Rex » 12 Nov 2012, 18:50

November 13, 00:44
Had a painful BM before hospital, so it WASNT fun at all.
Got to the hospital at 1:3o, my surgery wasnt untill 4pm! Sitting for that long and being nervous was not fun! The staff were lovely and friendly. I had to answer routine questions and found out I would be getting Botox, removal of anal warts and a scope while I was under. So trying not to cry ( I was very nervous!) i said i understand signed the consent form and waited....
Anyway 4pm came and I went into theatre. Luckily the nurse was lovely, I held her hand while the drip was put in and the blood pressure was being taken etc. There was a lot of people in the room and I felt scared and confused but she was lvoely and helped me through it all. Before I knew it I was asleep. and before I knew it I was awake!
The doctor came and said they had done Botox, done a scope, burnt the warts but they took a biopsy of a large wart and my results will be in around 3 weeks. Im a little nervous about that, but Im sure its nothing. Anyone else get random biopsys done?
In any case, I was fine to be discharged at 6:45 and went straight home and sat on the couch with the recliner up. I havent moved all night! Just waiitng 10 minutes untill I can take my painkillers then sleep. I havent felt any pain at all, just a little discomfort. I havent felt sick or anything.
My mum has tomorrow off work so were going to watch movies all day and lie on the couch ( i feel like such a child!) but the nurse told me not to do anything.
So basically, all my worry was over nothing! (Except my slight new worry of the biopsy even though the nurse told me it was routine! Im worrier...)
shall post again tomorrowe and let you guys know how I felt during the night etc.
T-Rex
Fibre Addict

Postby richibeno » 12 Nov 2012, 18:56

Great news .take it easy.they always test things they take out
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Postby T-Rex » 14 Nov 2012, 05:44

13th november - today was fine. no pain , little discomfort, my mood was good and i genuinely felt positive for the first time in a long time! I didnt even need to take my painkillers every 4 weeks, every 6-8 hours was fine. I didnt move from the couch all day though, ate my fruit, kept well hydrated, etc etc. Boyfriend coming to visit me on the 14th and staying untill the 16th so i went to bed happy, comfortable, and got a good sleep!
14th november - Had my first bm this morning since op. it was hell. had to cry, scream, bite my tshirt. And when you think its all over because youve just had your poo, surprise, they havent removed the hemmie. couldnt push it back inside. Cried some more. mum ended up phoning the nurse who said they had removed some of the hemmie, not completely removed or banded it and theyve given me botox but due to the pain i was in before and the work theyve done icould expect to be in a lot of pain. So i had a bath, got out, and the nurse also told my mum if i was that bad by the weekend take me to A and E and a surgical member will look at me.
So here i am, 1:30 hour post poo, lying on the couch with a hot water bottle at my back. I suppose the only thing i can take from this is that although the poo was completel and utter agony (i told mum i hate everything whilst sobbing on the floor - oh dear) the spasms and post pain arent as bad as usual.
Hoping that if i poo tomorrow (my usual routine is every other day so im hoping idont poo tomorrow - i couldnt!) it wont be as hard as today.
Heres to trying to remain positive.
T-Rex
Fibre Addict

Postby jillywilly » 15 Nov 2012, 05:31

My first 2 bm's post Botox were v painful, it was 2 weeks before I started to feel better, so hang in there, it can take a while for Botox to take effect. Sounds like you are doing all the right things so fingers crossed you feel better soon.
Lots of luck with your healing I totally understand what you are going through.
Take care
Jill xx
jillywilly
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Postby T-Rex » 15 Nov 2012, 15:06

Thanks for your reply.
Today I was very sore this morning. My stomach was sore, I was tired, my bum was sore, and it felt like I needed to go to the toilet for a while, but havent went today. Like I said though, my usual routine is every other day. So tomorrow wont be fun i think.
Ive just lay and played the xbox, watched tv and watched movies all day but am going to have to eat more fruit and take lactouse tonight.
T-Rex
Fibre Addict

Postby T-Rex » 18 Nov 2012, 05:42

18th november.
Tomorrow will be a week from I had my Botox.
Ive had 3 BM's.
0) Monday pre op.
1) Wednesday
2) Friday
3) Today
Thats my usual routine, so I'm not worried.
Bm's have been sore, my stomach gets sore now too the night before I need to go to the toilet (not sure why but I have a dr appointment for next week.) and the spasms caused by BM's and the hours and spasm pain after having a bm seem to be gone (Theres an achy pain now, it's weird but it slightly feels better because it's more like a pain rather than a je ne suis quoi.
In any case, still feeling down, HOT WATER BOTTLES HELP(!!), having a hot bath with salt nearly daily.
Can't wait to beat this thing that has controlled my life for 8 months - I need a hair cut!
Waiting for results from the biopsy still as well. I ASSUME that if it was serious they would contact me early? All they said was I'd hear back for my post op assessment in 3 weeks. Not sure if they would tell me anything serious before that?
T-Rex
Fibre Addict

Postby T-Rex » 23 Nov 2012, 09:21

23rd of november
Surgery was november 12th so nearly 2 weeks ago now.
had a dr appointment this week, he said I should be trying to go to the toilet every day. I didn't want to because I was glad to have that day off inbetween. But he said to increase my lactulose dose and so I did. this week I have been every day and I'm glad to say everyday isn't as bad as every other day. It's not as sore going and the after pain seems to last only a few hours.
Anyway, here's a quick summary of how I'm feeling.
Pros:
going for a BM isn't as sore anymore.
the pain after isn't a spasmy constant pain but a more achy pain which, weirdly, is better. Feels like an actual pain you can cope with.
no more stomach cramps!
My brain doesnt get as worked up before a bm.
cons:
the sorest part is having to push a hemmie back inside after a bm (gross, i know.)
the afterpain is still there.
a slight itch every now and then
Not sure if this is the Botox, the lactulose or just this weeks.
After a bm i'm straight in the shower, sometimes get a hot water bottle and sit with that. (yes, i can actually sit now after a bm!)
Hoping that this is all the start of healing and I can get my life back on track
T-Rex
Fibre Addict

Postby owmybum » 23 Nov 2012, 10:41

Hi T-Rex,
It seems things are starting to get a little easier for you... Long may it continue!
Pls keep us posted with your up dates... I have been away for a couple of weeks, so I am trying to slowly catch up on the board.
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !