Because I just need vent my frustration and hopelessness!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Because I just need vent my frustration and hopelessness!

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 27 Nov 2012, 22:49

jr2 wrote:Sweet Bugaboo,
I'm so sorry to hear about this. I remember what a difficult decision it was for you to have surgery, and how slow going your recovery was. I had so hoped that when we hadn't seen you around that you were healed and had put fissure pain in your past permanently.
I hope your new doctor can shed light on things for you, and that you are on the road to full recovery with this just being a bit of a setback. This problem is so hard to live with every day. Even the days when things aren't so terribly bad it is there lurking that it could come back again.
Please keep us posted on your doctor visit, ok?

Aw, thank you, so much, jr! How have you been? --- Yes, I was feeling nearly 100% healed, up until about a week ago. I have NO idea why I've had this painful setback. I just hope it's nothing awful and that I can be fixed.
There's nothing worse than lingering pain . . . I had to go through so many CRS's, too - and I hope #4 can set me right.
HUGS!
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby jr2 » 27 Nov 2012, 23:16

Hi Sweet,
I hope so too. I hope it's just some minor thing for you, maybe just a minor flare of the surgical site.
I unfortunately still struggle after over a year with multiple fissures and other health troubles. Multiple surgeons don't feel I am a good candidate for surgery due to my other health problems so I'm left to learn to just live with fissures as yet another chronic condition added to the list.
Thank you so much for asking.
Big hug for you!
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 27 Nov 2012, 23:24

Aw, jr - I really hope you're hanging in there. One good thing about coming back here is that I can reconnect with you and some of the others from "our class."
It's horrible to go through all of this, I know. Kudos to you for staying mentally strong and trying to do your best. I don't have the list of health concerns that you do, and I can tell ya that this rear-end nonsense is enough to drive a person nuts. But if you've had multiple surgeons tell you not to have the surgery, I'm sure it's best that you don't have it. It's not a walk in the park for absolutely everyone who has it.
I'll be sure to let you know what my doc says. I hope it's nothing awful. HUGS back to you!
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby jr2 » 28 Nov 2012, 23:42

Sweet ,
Good luck at your doctor appointment! I'm hoping for a good visit for you!
jr2

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 29 Nov 2012, 00:10

Thank you, so much, jr. I appreciate your kind words and thoughts, so very much. I'm trying not to stress about it, but you know how that goes . . .
It's nice to be able to come here and exchange thoughts, frustrations, successes, set-backs, etc., and get support. I'm fond of quite a few posters here, you among them.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby jr2 » 29 Nov 2012, 00:37

I know what you mean. The frustration and loss of hope can be so hard to cope with and it's really nice to be able to share honestly with others who understand it. Though I'm really sorry you are suffering again and am hoping for speedy healing for whatever it is that is flaring for you, it is really nice to hear from you again.
jr2

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 29 Nov 2012, 01:02

TY, jr. I feel it's important to be honest about my experience with this, so that I can be of help to others. For some of us, the healing either doesn't happen, or it happens much slower, than for other people.
I hope my doctor visit goes well . . . thank you for your support.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 29 Nov 2012, 22:53

Hi, jr and everyone -
I went to my CRS today - and he found nothing - absolutely nothing different, from when he checked me over three months' ago. I told him about my discomfort, and he said that he couldn't find any tears or abrasions - and I specifically asked him if my surgical (LIS) area looked alright, and he said it did - and I specifically asked him if he could see any fissures, and he said he didn't see any.
I swear on my children's lives that I've gone through some weird soreness (which seems to be subsiding, somewhat) - but the doctor could not find a single reason for the soreness. --- Go figure. I possibly could have irritated myself, somehow. I just don't know.
I will keep everyone posted as my situation. Thank you for your concern. This sure has been a weird journey.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby jr2 » 30 Nov 2012, 00:01

Sweet,
Well, the good news is that he didn't see anything obvious and horrible. The bad news is it doesn't explain your discomfort. I can tell you I've had a similar experience though. A doctor who could see nothing, just nothing, and on exam with another doctor she was confused as to why the last one was seeing nothing as the fissures were obvious to her.
Did your doctor use a scope to check further up? Maybe whtever is going on is inside further?
Could it have been a food irritation or soap irritation or other allergy of some kind?
Sheesh... it's so frustrating to know something is bothering you there and to have them see nothing.
I am glad to hear it seems to be a better though. I hope it continues to just get better on its own.
jr2

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 30 Nov 2012, 00:14

jr,
It is very frustrating. No, he didn't use a scope - but the irritated area doesn't feel very deep - he manually felt the area, and he looked with a light . . .
It's not as sore as it was, but I can still feel some irritation. Honestly, it's baffling.
My doctor said (and I quote), "I look at rectums all day long, and yours is in the top 10 percent" (of looking fine).
jr, honestly, I have no idea what's happened in there. Sometimes it feel a bit itchy, too. --- I told him all about that - plus the soreness, etc. - and he said it looked fine. To me, it feels like the area where my LIS was performed . . . I'm not sure about that, but that's where it seems to be.
Thank you for your support, and I hope you're doing better, btw.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure