My Botox Diary - Day 1

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: My Botox Diary - Day 1

Postby owmybum » 26 Oct 2012, 08:24

That's great news DMBIG! I hope you are on your way to curing your fissure. X
Omb
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby DMBIG » 29 Oct 2012, 16:48

Day 17
I've now been pain free for 5 days since Day 13. I don't feel the fissure at all during BMs. But I can tell it's still present because it 'itches' in that specific spot post BMs and peridically throughout the day. So at this point, just have to continue to watch my diet to insure soft stools. For those long time sufferers who are on the fence re: Botox, I say take the plunge. The injections themselves were not painful at all under local anesthesia and my surgeon (I live in the US) did it right on the spot during a routine visit in which i was complaining about all the pain. Plus, the prospects of actual surgery whereby they cut the muscle just seems so agressive to me. My mind just couldn't make that leap. So I think we owe it to ourselves (assuming we're insured and/or our finances are not in question) to exhaust all other non-surgical type (ie no cutting) options. If nothing else, you can say you tried it and it failed. Best of luck to all!
DMBIG
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby kyrehe » 01 Nov 2012, 03:52

DMBIG wrote:Day 17
Plus, the prospects of actual surgery whereby they cut the muscle just seems so agressive to me. My mind just couldn't make that leap.

I was told that I may need this- and I may become incontinent. I'm only twenty four. The idea of this horrifies me. I'm really happy to read your story- this gives me hope if I ever need botox.
-Ky Image
kyrehe
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Postby DMBIG » 05 Nov 2012, 13:25

Day 24
Still pain free. No longer feel periodic itching in the area of the fissure which I think is a sign of more healing. The botox is working great down there and I'm able to evacuate BMs in very quick fashion with little to no pushing. This is the best I've felt in over a year of suffering from this wretched fissure. Fingers crossed!
DMBIG
Fibre Addict

Postby richibeno » 05 Nov 2012, 15:11

Great news
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Postby DMBIG » 07 Nov 2012, 11:34

Day 26
I definitely took a step back this morning. An unusually large BM caused some pain, followed by little bleeding. It was definitely in the same spot as my fissure, so my guess is I've tore it again. Pain during the movement was not as bad as before and right now, I have a little bit of discomfort, but not that problematic. It's amazing how the second I eat a not so healthy meal here and there or if I ease up on the fiber intake, this is what happens. In many ways, it's a good thing in that it forces me to eat very healthy. But I find it extremely difficult to maintain these eating habits EVERY DAY! So a few steps back today and wondering if this vicious cycle will ever permanently rid itself.
DMBIG
Fibre Addict

Postby DMBIG » 29 Nov 2012, 13:19

Day 48
I had a few rough BMs this week and some bleeding to go along with it so I'm definitely not healed. There is some pain, but it's manageable. Today is the first day that I'm noticing the Botox is starting to wear off. So a little disappointed at the moment as it looks like LIS is in my future. I may give botox another try if CRS advises, but the saga officialy continues. Want to put this chapter of my life behind me...
DMBIG
Fibre Addict

Postby owmybum » 29 Nov 2012, 16:43

Sorry you feel this round of Botox hasn't worked out for you. You could always try one more shot at it if you are not too keen on lis.
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby DMBIG » 06 Feb 2013, 10:14

Day 113
The latter half of December and all of January were pain free. I was thinking I had finally beat this thing and was very upbeat. Also changed how I physically pooped make sure I was less upright and more in squating position. All was well until about 5 days ago when I experienced a slight retear and a little bleeding. Has gotten progressively worse since. I was eating a little less greens during this period and sure enough, one rough BM was all it took. I'm not experiencing any muscle spasms so I will start using the Nifed creme to hopefully restore. Just when you think you've got it beat, take two steps backwards. Frustrating and questioning whether chronic fissures can ever be controlled without real surgery to deal with the root cause which is tight sphincter...
DMBIG
Fibre Addict

Postby hopefulbutt » 06 Feb 2013, 16:07

DMBIG, how much botox did you get, do you know? i got 20 units, but my dr wanted to be conservative. Kinda wishing i got more now.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40