need advice, think im the only one!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: need advice, think im the only one!

Postby juney » 14 Nov 2007, 00:20

i've already decided that if i ever have kids, i'm getting a c-section for sure! fissure aside, labor sounds horrible!! not to mention, after 2 LIS surgeries i'm afraid i would completely lose control of my bowels permanently with all that pushing....ughhhh i can't bear the thought.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Bliss » 14 Nov 2007, 00:33

To be honest I did both 1st was c-section as she was breech next was normal birth for which I had episiotomy & ventouse. The c-section scar was less painfull than the episiotomy in healing. Just don't take the painkillers with codeine in !!!!
Bliss
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Postby Bliss » 14 Nov 2007, 00:40

Fybogel is now called Senokot hi-fibre drink (in UK) it's ispaghula husk (natural fibre) Because it's just a fibre supplement (not a softner like MOM or lactulose) I think you can just take it forever ! Bought mine at the local chemist Ј2.79 for 10 sachets, but they sell it at Tesco. Also have you tried using Kandoo's - they're moist toilet wipes for kids learning to wipe their own bottoms. (I had loads in my house anyway) but they're much more effective than toilet paper !
Bliss
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Postby Guest » 14 Nov 2007, 04:02

ive started using andrex moist wipes, i also use the andrex moist aloe vera tissue, its alot softer i think. so you say senokot keeps things soft for you? im no sure if i should take that as my diet now and before the fissure is very high in fiber, loads on fruit and veg and only whole grains. which is why i think its v. unfair i have this in the 1st place! i dont wanna over do it on fiber incase it makes my poos too big! i need to find something i can take everyday to make sure they are always soft, i can live on stool softners.

Postby Guest » 14 Nov 2007, 07:43

I take Miralax ever day and my doctor's young daughter was on it for 4 years so she feels like it is safe to use long term as it is not a stimulant.
I think using wipes are the way to go too. Aloe vera has really helped me a lot. If you can squeeze some out and put it on the fissure it can really help with healing.
I had 2 unmedicated vaginal births. The first was a dream. Text book-beautiful experience. The second was horrendous. I have problems with my tailbone from a fall between pregnancies (it sticks into my rectum) which made the second birth very difficult because she couldn't get through and when she did she damaged the pudendal nerves (rectal branch). I too am a proponent of c-sections but it is major surgery which carries risks as well.
How about adoption?

Postby juney » 14 Nov 2007, 09:52

actually lecia, at this point, the idea of even being pregnant freaks me out....because of all potential butt-related problems, so adoption sounds great!! if i'm healed 5 years from now maybe i'll reconsider...
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 14 Nov 2007, 11:48

I would go for the c-section too Image
All my problems started when I had my daughter 7 years ago :roll:
You can fybogel from the GP in a job lot which works out cheaper (if you have a nice GP Image ), I can't take it as it makes me vomit (it's the consistency :no: ).
Andrex with aloa sounds fab, where do you get it from? I tried Tesco but they don't sell it Image

Postby Guest » 14 Nov 2007, 12:00

tesco does it, maybe not the small ones. its just normal toilet tissue enriched with aloe, its good though. maybe try sainsburys.