My Ibs Experience

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

My Ibs Experience

Postby cherylk » 08 Dec 2012, 09:02

Everyone can post here about their respective IBS experience. Hopefully, we can each learn and share with others. You're welcome, Marg!! Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Re: My Ibs Experience

Postby marg6043 » 08 Dec 2012, 10:58

Thank you so much for this thread, Cherylk.
Well here I go with my ordeal from recently diagnosted IBS related to gallbladder removal to anal fissure, what a journey is been.
All my life I have what my grandmother used to call "nervious stomach" littler bit of cramps, pain and diarreah when I was kind of nervious due to many reasons.
But I as usual life goes on, never complain about it to a doctor. Then last year, I had emergency gallbladder removal, I had a large stone stuck in the main bile duct, everything was ok until diarreah took over my life, I started experiencing cramps and diarreah so many times a day that I lost count of it, lost lots of weigh and could not eat anything, for months, the gastro doctor gave me medication, that helped but the diarreah keep going, on, then I started to have what I thought was "hemorroids flares", but for some reason It was not the same, then I will have days of cramps and stomach pain, diarreah and good again for a week or two. When my last hemorroid (thats what I thought)flare up got to them point that I could not take it anymore I went to see my regular doctor, after explaning my problem she diagnosted me with "IBS", but constipation is not my problem just the diarreah and cramping. Well to make the story short I was refer to a another gastro doctor and he diagnosted what I thought was hemorroids with "anal fissure" last august and here I am, I just went over another retear, diarreah and stomach craps just this week along with a nasty cold, but better much better, I am starting to see a pattern with the cramps, diarreah and fissure discomfort, so I think that I can actually control this, I hope, or just wishful thinking. :D
Last edited by marg6043 on 08 Dec 2012, 11:42, edited 1 time in total.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Re: My Ibs Experience

Postby ryrylou » 08 Dec 2012, 11:35

Ahh, wonderful IBS. I'm 33 years old, and would say looking back that I have been dealing with it since I was probably 12. One of my brothers has the same problem. I discovered certain foods would really cause problems, especially Pizza Hut pizza. That would cause multiple trips to the bathroom and agonizing cramps. Unfortunately, diet alone doesn't prevent flareups. Stress is a major trigger as well. I didn't get officially diagnosed until I was 23 and I was just fed up with daily bouts in the bathroom. I felt like I couldn't go anywhere. I would have to make plans based on access to a decent bathroom. A GI doc started trying different antispasmodics to see what helped me. After the first 2 were unsuccessful we discovered my colon savior Robinul. We had to make adjustments to the dosage after getting constipated, but it is definitely manageable now. I only have a flareup once or twice a month now, and it isn't near as a bad as it was before. It sucks to have to avoid certain foods that I enjoy, but the pain afterwards isn't worth it. I also started on a heavy exercise regimen last year that I lost about 50 lbs and the exercise is a huge stress reliever. Less stress and watching my diet has helped my IBS greatly. Sadly I did get constipated a few times, which in turn caused an inguinal hernia and this darn fissure. I am now really watching my fiber intake, which will only help my IBS as well.
ryrylou
Salt Bather

Topics: 7