Calmol 4 Suppositories

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Calmol 4 Suppositories

Postby muzgut22 » 07 Dec 2012, 20:21

Hello Everyone. I came across Calmol 4 suppositories while doing some more research on fissures. Their only ingredients are cocoa butter and zinc oxide which apparently is an astringent. I tried finding them at Walgreens and CVS and they did not have them so I ordered them on amazon. Has anyone every tried these? The two ingredients are natural and I figured it couldn't hurt. Although I have just started using coconut oil, it is very messy to get in there and I can't use it while I am at work. I thought these might be a good alternative since I can discretely put one in my pocket and take it in the bathroom (as opposed to the massive tub of coconut oil).
If you have any experiences with these let me know! I will also post my experience after a few days.
Random thought... how does everyone deal with this whole situation while at work? I have a full time job in consulting so I work over 50 hours a week. I am always surprised how some people manage over 2 sitz baths per day and applying all kinds of potions multiple times a day haha, especially those who have children and lots of other responsibilities. Share your fissure time management tips! LOL
muzgut22
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: Calmol 4 Suppositories

Postby marg6043 » 08 Dec 2012, 11:20

I will be checking on those suppositories, Calmol, never heard about them, right now is imperative for fissure control that the area is kept lubricated before a bm, so if is natural and do the job that works for me, is better than using the messy hemorroid ones.
Right now I am using vitamin E/coconut oil suppositories that actually the first reason I decided to use them was for vaginal dryness, but they can also be use for the relieve of anal discomfort, I can say that they help, as I put the nitro cream on the suppository so it can go deeper with the suppository, plus they are not messy and do not leave marks on my undies.
Thanks for the info, I will be checking on the Calmol. :D
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Re: Calmol 4 Suppositories

Postby crystalbrown22222 » 21 Dec 2012, 01:29

I've tried them and they help immensely! You can also place an order for them at your local pharmacy and they usually ship it in a timely fashion. They are really effective. My doctor has recommended them in the past! Good luck.
crystalbrown22222

Topics: 1