Re-opening of AF after 5th day of HEALING

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re-opening of AF after 5th day of HEALING

Postby AF Angel » 07 Jan 2013, 15:22

Hi dear all,
First of all, a BIG thanks and love to all those who maintain this website. This has been a huge Godsend for me in my AF journey.
I am a 29 yr old female and is suffering from AF for the past 3 months. As usual, the doctor gave me Nifedipine and suggested Surgery is the only go since Nif did not work. OK, the glad news is I almost healed myself by the end of December. Guess what? Just before Christmas, my pain was ZERO. and it lasted like that for 5 days. I religiously followed ALL the routine that I was doing giving the body whatever it needs to keep the healing going. but on the 7th day, it re-opened ... :(
Did any of you have a similar experience ? how did you tackle the situation ? I have a sentinel skin tag (half a cm long) at 6 O'clock position and now the pain is mostly from the base of the tag - pain level of 1-2. And very minor blood spot as well after BM. Is there anything that can help to shrink this skin tag ? I know, I am fortunate enough to get it to this level. But I am lost now and confused because in order to heal this AF, I am on a very strict diet for the past 3 months and am losing weight day by day. I am already a skinny person and dont want to look like a stick.. Image Any help / advise would be considered as a true blessing. Love you all and my prayers for all of you!
AF Angel
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Re: Re-opening of AF after 5th day of HEALING

Postby PainInTheArse » 07 Jan 2013, 19:41

I also lost weight due to an AF :( What exactly is a skin tag? I believe I might have developed one recently. *sigh*
Zero pain for 5 days gives me hope!
PainInTheArse

Topics: 1

Postby owmybum » 08 Jan 2013, 09:29

Hi af angel,
Fissures often take 3 steps forward and then 2steps back for no apparent reason... It's very frustrating!
As your pain level is only a 1-2 I think you are headed in the right direction still... So try not to worry.
Keep doing what you are doing... Eat well, drink plenty of fluids.. Keep the area clean and I am sure you can get back to where you were just before Xmas.
A sentinel tag forms at the base of a fissure as a way to protect itself from further damage. They can flare up and calm down again pretty often.. I think in the end when the fissure heals it pretty much calms down.
Take care
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby stupidanalfissure » 08 Jan 2013, 13:06

hello... i had the same exact thing happen... on my xmas day i had a very small bm and it seemed to heal. went exactly one week... i retore very minor blood on stool and paper. i contribute it to what i ate on new years... my bms arent extremely painful maybe a 1 or 2.. but i get the majority of the pain for 2-3 hours after... it may be getting better though.. have you noticed any difference using the nif? i use it every day but it doesnt seem to alleviate the pain after the bm.. i dont think i have a akin tag.. i can mildly feel the actual fissure when i wipe..
stupidanalfissure
Fibre Addict

Topics: 10

Postby AF Angel » 08 Jan 2013, 15:55

Hi PainInTheArse,
A skin tag is formed from muscle tissues generally at the base of a major fissure. It is formed out of unsuccessful attempts of the body to heal the fissure over and over. So, in one way, it protects the major fissure from worsening. If you have one, make sure that you don't rub on it harshly while cleaning and treat it very very gently. It can swell for no apparent reason. And do not sit directly on your bum (I know funny isn't it considering that is the part designed to sit... :roll: )
And Yes. I am a big believer of hope. My pain was 9 in the beginning. I believe in the natural healing power of the body - definitely with all the support from our end. There is HOPE and I sincerely wish you a speedy recovery.
Love,
AF Angel
AF Angel
Salt Bather

Postby AF Angel » 08 Jan 2013, 16:10

Hi owmybum,
Thank you so much for your kind reply. It really made my day when I read your "I think you are headed in the right direction". As you said, this is the ultimate test of my patience and sanity. Image But I am not ready to quit. Do you have any thoughts on the below queries that I have:
1. Do I have to completely avoid gas producing foods like beans ? Because beans definitely makes me produce a lot of gas eventhough I cook it after overnight soaking and rinsing. Does farting have any relationship with slow healing / re-tearing, considering it has to come through the same "super sensitive" area :oops: ?
2. I used to take 15 min warm sitz baths 3 times a day before my HEAL day. And I continued that even after my pain was zero. Should I stop Sitz baths once the pain is zero ? I mean, will those baths make the area too soft giving chance to re-tear ?
Again, thank you so much for the reassurance and the wishes. God bless.
Love,
AF Angel
AF Angel
Salt Bather

Postby AF Angel » 08 Jan 2013, 16:28

Hi stupidanalfissure,
Wow, that is a miracle - you also were pain-free on Xmas ! Yes, we have to continue the fissure diet, I would say for a minimum of 2 weeks and best one month after healing.
Nifedipine did not help me at all. But different meds act differently on different bodies. Give anything minimum one week before you quit on that. What helped me for the pain after BM is applying a mix of Olive oil + Sweet Basil oil. Basil oil produces a numbing effect on the fissure. But it is very important to know that basil oil is a concentrated essential oil. So, always apply with olive/coconut oils and take only 1 or 2 drops of it and mix with a little amount of olive/cocnut oil. Hope it works for you.
Also, know that anything can only reduce the pain. It cannot completely take away the pain. That will happen with gradual healing of the fissure. The pain is AF's way of telling us, "I am still here, so be careful".
Another thing, you said, you can feel the fissure when you wipe. I suppose you are wiping too hard ? Wipe very very gently and softly. If you have a feeling something is there, take a look with a magnifying glass, just to make sure.
Hope you feel better soon. My prayers and wishes for you.
Love,
AF Angel
AF Angel
Salt Bather

Postby marg6043 » 10 Jan 2013, 13:20

Hey AF Angel, yes I also have that nasty sentinel pile that feels soo big it can be folded to cover the entire anal opening.
I also had a nice manageable and even some days pain free holidays, but today My old friend is screaming at me, that sentinel pile is so painful that I can barely touch it, I do mostly sitz baths.
But then again this comes with the affliction.
Like you said again it may feel like we are healing but one wrong touch, one wrong bowel movement and our friend down there will let us know that is still alive and well to cause pain when needed.
I am so fed up right now. Image
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby owmybum » 10 Jan 2013, 14:17

AF Angel wrote:Hi owmybum,
Thank you so much for your kind reply. It really made my day when I read your "I think you are headed in the right direction". As you said, this is the ultimate test of my patience and sanity. Image But I am not ready to quit. Do you have any thoughts on the below queries that I have:
1. Do I have to completely avoid gas producing foods like beans ? Because beans definitely makes me produce a lot of gas eventhough I cook it after overnight soaking and rinsing. Does farting have any relationship with slow healing / re-tearing, considering it has to come through the same "super sensitive" area :oops: ?
2. I used to take 15 min warm sitz baths 3 times a day before my HEAL day. And I continued that even after my pain was zero. Should I stop Sitz baths once the pain is zero ? I mean, will those baths make the area too soft giving chance to re-tear ?
Again, thank you so much for the reassurance and the wishes. God bless.
Love,
AF Angel

Hi angel,
I don't think gas can do any more damage to an af.... And pulses are very good for you with lots of good fibre.
I think it's probably a good idea to keep up the sitz baths for just a bit longer when you think you have healed. It's worth relaxing the area and keeping it nice and clean.
Hth
OMB xxxxx
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Melsdeks0309 » 11 Jan 2013, 08:55

Wanted to post my success story. After 5 years of scratching and over cleaning two anal fissures, I have finally found relief. I am hoping I can help at least one person but hopefully more. I am listing what finally broken the cycle for me after 5 maddening years!
1. Stop cleaning your anal sphincter with anything but unscented, wet toilet paper and/or cotton balls UNLESS you have a bidet- NO EXCEPTIONS. You can use a couple of sheets of toilet paper to dry the area but only dab. DO NOT WIPE OR SCRATCH with toilet paper.
2. After a bowel movement, sit in a tub of water as hot as you can absolutely stand it. You can add baking soda and/or grape seed oil. Make sure to relax the sphincter. Soak for at least 15 minutes - longer if possible - up to 30 minutes. I know this is almost impossible for those of us that work but I had to take a week off. Believe me - it will be worth it to end your misery. After soaking, lightly dab the sphincter with a cotton ball to remove moisture. Make sure to dry butt crack thoroughly.
3. Sit on the toilet and very gently massage grape seed oil into the sphincter. This does not mean scratch or rub with grape seed oil. Gently apply it, making sure to get the oil into all folds, even slightly into the canal. Use circular massaging motion. Use a sufficient amount so that all sphincter skin is COATED. Also, coat the butt crack.
4. Wear dresses, skirts and extremely loose fitting, thin pants. Stay away from jeans as much as possible. Tight fitting anything will cause friction, sweat, heat which all cause irritation. AVOID BUTT SWEAT!
5. Make sure to relax the sphincter. The best way to determine that you are relaxing the muscle is to tighten it like you are trying to hold back gas or hold back stool. Then relax that muscle. (Make sure to practice this while soaking in your hot tub as well.) You can massage grape seed oil on the sphincter as often as necessary. DON'T SCRATCH. Getting past the scratching and rubbing is essential to relief and/or recovery. It can be maddening but you have to do it to heal.
6. Most importantly - soft stool!!!!! You do not want laxative induced, watery, diarrhea stool; you don't want projectile poop; you don't want a large stool; you don't want a hard stool. Perfecting the perfect stool is not tricky. Don't use medicines!!!! Eat the proper foods and drink adequate water. If you hate vegetables - use a juicer and get it in your body. Alkaline smoothies really help. I use spinach, celery, carrots, cucumbers, squash, broccoli, asparagus, etc. You can throw in a few blueberries or strawberry to enhance flavor but not too many. Make at least 8 ozs. of juice. If you hate the flavor, just drink it fast. Drink at least one a day; best to do two per day. This is a lifestyle change so you must continue to eat healthy to maintain good "poop". If your "poop" doesn't get soft enough - you can use Benefiber but ONLY if this is the last resort. DON'T OVERUSE FIBER SUPPLEMENTS. I also eat a handful of walnuts per day. If you eat a lot of cheese, cut down on the amount significantly. Drink lots of fluid - preferably water. If you hate water - drinks something LOW in sugar and no caffeine.
When "pooping", relax and try to let the body evacuate itself. If you have to bear down, you have a chance of opening up the healing fissure which starts the cycle of madness all over again. If you must push, use very, very little pressure.
7. Relax as often as possible BUT don't be sedentary. Being sedentary can cause you to be constipated. If you move, your bowels move better.
8. DON'T hold your stool! Even if it feels like it isn't much - go! And don't forget to soak and use your oil EVERY TIME!!!!
9. DO NOT CLEAN YOUR SPHINCTER WITH ANYTHING IN THE TUB OR SHOWER. Clean between your checks and crack ONLY!!!!!! It is not gross - you keep it clean and natural oils need to stay there! Over cleaning a fissure and/or too hard or too wet stools are the #1 cause of fissures not healing.
In the beginning when you have a bowel movement and take your first couple of soaks, you will say this isn't working because initially the itch will get worse (a day or two). Persevere!!!!!! Don't scratch! Poop, soaking, use oil, wear loose clothing - DON'T SCRATCH. It took SIX full days for me to feel like I was getting a handle on my fissures. If you have survived weeks, months, even years as I have - you can suffer through one week to see if you can get relief with this method. It is the only thing in almost six years that saved my sanity. Crying every day, considering suicide, and thinking of becoming a pain pill addict ALL crossed my mind.
You WILL get another flare up - as once you get fissures - there is no turning back. Follow the same method shown above and get back on track when it happens.
I hope I am able to help someone. I was so happy to find relief. Hit me up with any questions, and please let me know if you were helped with this method.
REMEMBER - KEEP YOUR ANAL SPHINCTER MOISTURIZED WITH GRAPE SEED OIL EVEN AFTER HEALING!!!!!! ONCE A DAY WILL BE SUFFICIENT.....
Melsdeks0309

Number of posts: 2
Registration date: 2013-01-11

Re: Success stories
by Melsdeks0309 Today at 9:48 am
ALSO - IT WILL TAKE ABOUT SIX DAYS TO START GETTING ANY RELIEF BUT PLEASE KNOW THAT FISSURE TAKE SIX WEEKS TO COMPLETELY HEAL. STAY THE COURSE EVEN AFTER YOU START GETTING RELIEF!!!!!

Melsdeks0309