One week till I see CRS

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: One week till I see CRS

Postby marg6043 » 17 Jan 2013, 17:54

Oh, my lord, Jr2, I got it, I tell you that is the only way to get "exterminated for fissures" under anesthesia, I am laughing my hart out right now.
My spelling software is playing tricks on me. :D
Sorry about that, but is a good joke, glad to make you laugh.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby PIA » 18 Jan 2013, 04:26

Thank you for all the kind thoughts..and the laugh Marg. A fissure exterminator is what we all need. Got home in one piece from CRS yesterday. I am a fairly easy going person but I fear I am becoming a bit obsessive in regards to working towards recovery. I am getting up a couple of hours earlier than every one else in the house to try and get a good start to my day. The three B's are utmost at the moment. Breakfast, Bowel motion, Bath. I am having bran cereal with prunes, a cup of tea, glass of water with a tablespoon of Metamucil and a glass of black current juice. I have also added some multivitamins and magnesium tabs. This almost guarantees the next B within half an hour. Especially as I have also taken two laxettes the night before. At present I am taking two Ibrufren tabs and applying the rectogesic about half hour before That planned BM. (Love how my IPAD wants to turn my BM into a BMW.) I then rest quietly otherwise I get a thumping headache from the rectogesic. I can usually feel if the train coming into the station is going to be too firm..and if so insert 10 mls of warmed coconut oil 1/2 before with an enema tube I have acquired. I also use a little Vaseline around and in rim just before BM. Straight after said train leaving the station I step into a pre filled warm bath for 15 to 20 min. After bath I dab the station with baby wipes pre soaked in witch hazel. If the sphincter still feels tight I will reapply a little recto cream otherwise I just use a little Vicks. During the day I drink water frequently to about 4 litres which is 4 litres more than I used to. I use the recto cream again in the middle of the day and last thing at night. During the day I try to eat and drink fruit and veges with one meal adding fish or chicken. My six cups of coffee a day are a thing of the past. Today is the first day in 6 weeks where I could say I couldn't feel the fissure all day. Over the last week I am feeling a little better every day. I am feeling far less bloated and have lost about 6 kg. Being able to sleep through the night has improved my mood no end. I am so grateful for a pain free day and fingers :o crossed that there can be a few more of them. Wishing the same for all of us xxx Pia
Last edited by PIA on 18 Jan 2013, 04:30, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spelling
PIA
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby owmybum » 18 Jan 2013, 07:37

That's great you have found a routine that works for you pia... It's crazy how we get so obsessional about sticking to iy so religiously... But hey.. If it makes you feel better then go for it! To be honest I think I am one step away from twirling round 3 times.. Touching wood... Hopping on one leg and stroking a rabbits paw for luck in the hope that it miraculously gives me some relief!!!
It's great you have had a good day too.. It does wonders for the spirit!!
OMB x
Marge... I didn't even notice the typo till jr pointed it out... It's sooo funny. Image
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby marg6043 » 18 Jan 2013, 14:19

I am glad to give you all a good laugh, sometimes those are no easy to achieve when our minds are so much linked to our butts.
Pia, I am glad you are feeling better and found a routine that works.
In my case my routine is pretty good and working to a point, but my main problem is the diarrhea, even if I start the day good as I usually do, is that dreaded diarrhea that hits me right after my pain free BM and irritates everything down there.
But I manage and as long as I keep everything on a routine I do well too.
I may have to give away coffee as that is one major contributor to my stomach problems, I know for sure, but as a coffee drinker since childhood, is hard to stop, the last time I went cold turkey on caffeine I end up in the emergency room with palpitations, anxiety and a blood pressure over the roof plus the headache.
The attending doctor after no been able to find anything wrong with me, asked me what I did before everything started and when I told him that I stop coffee cold turkey he smile and told me, "that is your problem there".
Some things are hard to get rid off if you are a long life drinker of the brown stuff. :D
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby jr2 » 18 Jan 2013, 15:12

PIA,
Great news to hear that things are calmer for you! Yay! I totally relate to the obsessive routine. Same here. But like owmybum says, whatever is helpful.
Keeping my fingers crossed that you continue to improve every day. Just keep in mind that it takes a really long time, months, for the area to regain its strength, as the area is like thin tissue paper. So, even when you are feeling better, keep up the healthy routine you've set for yourself. Your whole body will benefit too!
jr2

Topics: 15