How do you keep the first piece of stool soft?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

How do you keep the first piece of stool soft?

Postby Deleted User 2176 » 15 Jan 2013, 18:13

My fissure problems are all caused by the first piece of stool, which is almost always hard. I use MOM with lots of water every night and 90% of the stool is soft like toothpaste, but that first, hard part of every BM is what causes the problems. Lately, I've been getting up early each morning to syringe in a few ounces of warm water and then go back to bed and sometimes this is helpful, along with using Vaseline. Please share any tips you have for keeping the first part of the BM soft.
Deleted User 2176

Re: How do you keep the first piece of stool soft?

Postby Fernie1 » 15 Jan 2013, 23:05

I know i had the same issue SueBoo but that stopped happening once I started on miralax. Have you tried miralax? Keeps stools soft from beginning to end.
Fernie1
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby 3 years now » 16 Jan 2013, 09:28

you can try taking olive oil or coconut oil internally. I take it on an empty stomach in the morning about 45 minutes before breakfast, 1 or 2 tbsps - keeps things soft down there and its good for you.
3 years now
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby cherylk » 16 Jan 2013, 12:38

I vote for Miralax also--use as much as necessary!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby suzyljank » 16 Jan 2013, 13:02

Hi, I also use miralax. I like that you can adjust it up or down depending on what you need. Drink more liquids too and don't hold it if you have to go. I use coconut oil on my butt and love it so much i use it on my dry hands too. When I put some in tea it made me go too much. I tried 1 tbsp. and reduced it to 1 tsp. and still went too much but if you need to go it's great. I lubricate with aquaphor before every bm. that helps too. It's trial and error, you just have to figure out what works for you. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby Deleted User 1497 » 16 Jan 2013, 17:46

hi
i too find that sometimes happens. even with eating very well. thanks for this advice i started taking 1 TBsp of olive oil i am going to up it a bit. everyone here is so helpful.
i hope you all are doing well. its also the consuming part of getting everything in to eat well.
take care
Deleted User 1497

Postby Port » 18 Jan 2013, 18:37

About the only thing that keeps things entirely soft and 'going easy' for me is Miralax...in my book it's truely a wonder drug. In addition, right after I spot blood I start using a Vit E, coconut-palm oil type suppository...it appears to heal things very quickly for me. I also have to push the water, when it's cold outside I tend to forget to drink enough.
About drinking or eating coconut oil, my only concern is that it's about 87% saturated fat and two Tbsp would be 25g of saturated fat Image According to a recent Consumer Rpts article, the verdict is still out about whether that much coconut oil is heart safe or not. I hope it turns out to be safe, it is really great stuff to cook with, and has healed all the wintertime dry skin cuts on my fingers :)
Port
Salt Bather

Topics: 2