Anal pressure (want to push feeling)

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Anal pressure (want to push feeling)

Postby Reni » 20 Jan 2013, 22:32

Hi All,
I'm happy to join this forum. Here is my story. I had my first baby on 11/15/2012 and my hemorroids went out of control. I had it before and it would came to say hello to me once in a few years. I had it since 1998. But after I had natural birth it was awful. Me and my surgeon agreed the surgery is the solution! So, I had my surgery on 11/30/12 which is 2 weeks after my delivery. Oh God! I did not know it would hurt that much. I would rather have a another baby than having this surgery!
First check up with my surgeon : everything look good and pain is expected
Second check up : I have scar tissue and mild anal stenosis (narrowing) : that's why i still had pain and that want to push feeling. I did not mind having pain during BM and after. But I started having this nasty feeling which feels like I need to pass a gas and I could not (like i dont have a hole :() or I need to have BM but nothing would come out. This feeling just took over everything, my life ... I have a 2 months old baby to take care of ... I have been sick lots of times and dealed with so many pains. And I do have very high tolerance in pain according to my hubby and friends ...
So third check up with Surgeon (he has been dilating my anus manually since he thought that I have scar tissue which caused the narrow anal) said that I need to see my GI doctor.
I went to see my GI and he examined my bottom simply with his finger and he said that i have ANAL FISSURE. i asked him that if that cause this nasty want to push feeling and he said not sure but maybe. SO he prescribed me Nitroglycerin ointment. I started using it since yesterday and I have minimal pain during BM and after. I have been almost living in bath tub since the hem surgery and it helps like wonder for the pain and discomfort. Today I even had to hold my baby in the bath tub with me to get some comfortable hours for me ;(
Only thing drives me crazy (even suicidal thought ) is this nasty want to push feeling.
Has anyone have this feeling and how did it go? and is there any advice for me? I'm seeing my surgeon on tuesday but he seems like just throwing me to my GI doctor. I will see my GI doctor on 2/1/2013 and I will definitely ask him to take it seriously about this feeling and I will tell him that I'm almost pain free and no blood in the stool.
Please share your thoughts. I really need someone to listen me and advice me. My husband got sick of I'm being sick all the time and overwhelmed with new baby and finance of our household. (I haven;t been able to work since my pregnancy leave and I don't see go back to work next 6-12 months. now my hubby is trying to get me some insurance before I loose my insurance from work.)
Please help me!!!!
Reni
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Re: Anal pressure (want to push feeling)

Postby owmybum » 21 Jan 2013, 03:25

Reno,
I am so sorry you are going through all this... With a new baby too.
I have not experienced this horrible pressure you are describing, so can't help you there I'm afraid.. I just didn't want to read and run with out offering you some comfort.
I wonder if you have a rectal prolapse that could be causing the feeling of pressure?
Hopefully you will get some help at your next appt.
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Reni » 21 Jan 2013, 05:55

Thanks a lot Owmybum
I could use lots of comfort. Would colonoscopy find out if I have a rectal prolapse
How r u doing
Again thanks
Reni
Salt Bather

Postby suzyljank » 21 Jan 2013, 10:23

Hi, I sometimes experience that feeling like you're full and need to have a bm. It could be a number of things, swelling can make you feel like that so could a hemmie or a spasm, are you having regular bms? You stated you have stenosis, I do to. It can make it difficult to empty your bowels all the way and make you feel like you need to go too. Take a stool softener if you aren't already. Sitting on a warm heating pad helps too. I hope you feel better. Wishing you all the best Suzy.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby Reni » 21 Jan 2013, 13:32

Hi Suzi
I started having lots of bms since the delivery and got worse after hem surgery. Now I have usually 3 times a day and tend to have more if I take stool softener. That feeling gets worse after bm. And lasts never stopping. I will try hot heating pad. I'm not eating a lot. I wonder where all these lots of bm came from. Thanks a lot.
Reni
Salt Bather

Postby suzyljank » 21 Jan 2013, 13:49

Hi Reni, although I had my baby over 40 years ago I had the same exact trouble after her birth. They didn't put a name to it for almost 4 years back then but it turns out I had what came to be known as IBS. I never heard about it until it happened to me. I struggled with it forever, it was urgency that alternated between diarrhea and constipation as I went through menopause it was mostly constipation but on occassion diarrhea. That's where I got in trouble. I had hemmies surgery a long time ago too and things had started to narrow there but I never put it together until the day I got an anal fissure. I wish I would have known. That urgency can become quite uncomfortable, to the point that you don't want to leave the house for fear you'll have to use the restroom. Stool softeners really do help. You have to give them time. As your body adjusts to them you won't go quite as often but you will become more regular. My stenosis has gotten to the point that I need surgery. I need an advancement flap to help make the opening more elastic and to stop further fissures from happening. If you can do something now to stop your stenosis from getting narrower please do it. Diet changes, fiber, more liquids and sometimes dilation helps and that's all that might be needed. Make sure you have a good CRS you trust and if you don't like his answers find someone new. I wish you a speedy recovery so you can enjoy your little bundle of joy. Suzy
suzyljank

Postby Reni » 21 Jan 2013, 15:23

Hi Suzy
I'm having really bad day today. Reading your post gives me encourage. When I have little harder stool it hurts and I feel like a zombie. Next few hours or all day. I think I'm gna try stool softened again. I was constipated. During my pregnancy and I was taking laxative and stool softeners until my baby birth. Back then stool softener worked good. Now I have no life. My hubby is depressed because of my condition. I cant go back to work. Doc gave me only 2 months of disability. I need to take care of my baby good. I thought I might have ins. I will talk to my doctor. I didn't really have poor diet ever. I wonder what's wrong with me. Thanks a lot. Please be there for me if you have time. I really need someone who can understand what I'm going through. How are you now?
Reni
Salt Bather

Postby suzyljank » 21 Jan 2013, 16:09

Hi Reni, if you have IBS it has nothing to do with your diet. It just happens. It's literally a pain in the butt. You have to learn what triggers it. Stress is a big contributor. The more stress you have the worse it is. Try to relax. Make sure you have enough fiber in your diet but don't over do it. Drink more liquid, it doesn't have to be just water just don't have caffiene or soda. Try to establish a regular time of day to have a bm and whatever you do don't sit on the toilet too long, that's not good. It's really trial and error. For me when I get really stressed out I sit down and have a glass of wine. I know a lot of people will say alcohol is not good but I find one glass relaxes my stomach and colon and I don't really like to drink. I have good days and not so good days. I'm working up the courage to have the flap surgery but my husband has to have surgery first. I'm hear if you need to talk. Suzy
suzyljank

Postby Reni » 21 Jan 2013, 19:14

Hi Suzy,
I have lots of stress in general and it get worse since I had baby.
I am so sorry that you both have to go through medical problems... I really feel you.
I have been sick pretty much all the time since 2006. When I met my husband I was already sick and until now. I really feel bad that I can't give him joyful life. For me joy is being healthy. All I wanted from universe/god is to be healthy.
After I had pretty tough pregnancy (kidney stone, stomach problem etc) I thought now it's time to became healthy and happy life. But it still did not end. What's wrong with me. Sometimes I really want to give up ;( But I have to be strong and positive for my family now!
I am only 31 and long life ahead of me. I really want to be healthy and normal like my friends ...
I just came from my urologist appointment and good news is that my kidney stone is gone and everything looks good on the CT scan. I have had frequent urinary problem since 2006 and nobody could not figure out it. When I got pregnant that went away but now I can feel its coming back. But not worse as before though Image
Tomorrow I will see my surgeon and see what he has to say about my fissure. He has been dilating my anus manually but GI doc said that we should wait for that. So, I will discuss with him about the dilation thing.
If doctor and you think that you need a flap surgery maybe you should do it! I hope best for your husband and you! Thanks for being there for me. It really means a lot to me!
Reni
Salt Bather

Postby Reni » 22 Jan 2013, 22:43

Update.
so I saw my surgeon today and he didn't think that I have a fissure. He thinks that I have a wound from the hem surgery and there is a scar tissue. He manually dilated it again and told my hubby to dilate it on daily basis. He doesn't think that I will need a second surgery but it will take 3 to 6 months to heal... I'm gna call my GI
Reni
Salt Bather