Please help. So much pain :(

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Please help. So much pain :(

Postby owmybum » 16 Jan 2013, 04:02

Oh my god.... How unprofessional!! I have heard of putting people at ease but that was something else. I think I would have made my excuses and walked out. How can he of been giving you his time and attention whilst on the phone... Disgusting.
I used diltiazem for a while... It worked wonders for me in the few months I could use it. I developed an intollerence to it in the end and had to stop.... But it gave me a brief bit of respite which was very welcome! I just applied a small amount externally morning and night.
Hope it starts to work for you soon and you get some relief
OMB x
Last edited by owmybum on 16 Jan 2013, 04:04, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I pad malfunction !
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby 3 years now » 16 Jan 2013, 09:24

In my experience - doctors do not consider this fissure problem to be serious at all, it is not life threatening and in a lot of cases they just dont care. Sadly it's true.
3 years now
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby Lauren12 » 16 Jan 2013, 18:55

I used Diltiazem for 5 months when my fissure first occurred. I used surgical gloves to poke some inside as well as spreading it over the outside. Eventually I developed an allergy to it however, and had to stop using it.
It did actually heal my major fissure over five months, or almost heal it. However I was still suffering muscle spasms and had a high muscle tone, so was developing minor fissures with most bowel movements. Eventually the LIS sorted me out.
I've pm'd you about the surgeon bit.
Lauren12
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby rochelle1210 » 21 Jan 2013, 13:57

I am new to the forum but I wanted to share with what has helped me tremendously. CVS has a cream Hemorrhoidal & Topical Analgesic Oint (Dibucaine 1%) or the name brand nme Nupercainal. This was Godsent! I was experiencing the worse burning sensation every in my life. Prep. H, was a joke, Aloe Vera Plant, did not work. What has worked in a sitz bath. I add witch hazel to the water. I put the cream after the sitz bath and that cream took the pain away. Also, deep breathing really helps. When the pain was really intense, I begin to take slow deep breaths and I begin to tell my mind to relax my rectum nerves. A slowed down my breathing and it did work. One more thing, Motrin also helped with the pain. I hope this helps someone
rochelle1210

Postby marg6043 » 21 Jan 2013, 14:22

rochelle1210 wrote:I am new to the forum but I wanted to share with what has helped me tremendously. CVS has a cream Hemorrhoids & Topical Analgesic Ointment (Dibucaine 1%) or the name brand nme Nupercainal. This was Godsent!

Be careful with hemorrhoids creams when it comes to anal fissures, as hemorrhoids creams will shrink tissue in order to help with the swollen hemorrhoids, this is good when you have hemorrhoids but not when you have an anal fissure, anal fissures actually needs flow of blood in order to heal and that is why nitro creams and others are prescribed to increase flow no stop it, they may help with pain and irritation but not with the healing process.
That is one lesson I learned after living on hemorrhoid creams for my fissures, now I avoid them.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby rochelle1210 » 21 Jan 2013, 14:24

I know this cream is strictly for Pain, itch and burning. Nothing else. That is why I tried it. this cream is also for sunburn, minor burns and cuts.
rochelle1210

Postby marg6043 » 21 Jan 2013, 14:31

rochelle1210 wrote:I know this cream is strictly for Pain, itch and burning. Nothing else. That is why I tried it. this cream is also for sunburn, minor burns and cuts.

Thanks for sharing I will be checking on the cream as it sounds that could be good for some of us that get that burning sensation after BM with anal fissures.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8