My Botox Diary - Day 1

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: My Botox Diary - Day 1

Postby DMBIG » 06 Feb 2013, 16:24

HB, I never asked about the specific volume adminstered. I do recall him telling me that you need twice the amount that is typically adminstered for plastic surgery. I'm definitely still an advocate for the procedure and likely will try one more time if I don't recover from my latest bout...
DMBIG
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby hopefulbutt » 06 Feb 2013, 18:43

DMBIG, sorry to hear it is not working at the moment. Have you considered taking miralax to help keep the bm's always soft? My gi said it was totally fine to take every day and I do and it helps. My 1st CRS said actually i should cut back on it and when I tried I retore. I go back to my present CRS on Friday to see what he thinks of my new fissure. I am thinking he will say I am "loose" from the mini botox I got. I just got mine while awake. It was fine. Felt like little mesquitos, nothing at all like fissure or spasm pain.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40

Postby DMBIG » 06 Feb 2013, 18:52

I was using colace for a while and it was hit and miss. I've heard good things about miralax but have never tried. But also don't want to take colace and/or miralax for the rest of my life. Because ultimately my body must have the ability to pass a normal to hard BM every now and then without a retear and without med. And thats where I think all these changes to diet, supplement and therapies fail. They don't address the root cause of our issue which in many cases is a tight sphincter. They all seem to be just temporary fixes...
DMBIG
Fibre Addict

Postby hopefulbutt » 07 Feb 2013, 08:43

I wish I were so confident in my body. I would love not to have take miralax everday. I've got it down to half a dose at night. So are you leaning more towards LIS then it sounds?
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40

Postby DMBIG » 14 Feb 2013, 19:59

I'm back on Nifed ointment at the moment and praying daily for a soft, manageable BM. Being extremely careful with my diet and hopeful I can get things under control again. But if not, probably another round of botox is in order before any decision to go 'under the knife'...
DMBIG
Fibre Addict