Anal pressure (want to push feeling)

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Anal pressure (want to push feeling)

Postby Reni » 27 Jan 2013, 19:38

Hi Suzy, I'm sorry you are deal with this for a long time.
It has been pretty hard 2 months for me. I could even fully enjoy my little one. I'm trying not to be depressed but its hard. One thing really scares me is that what if I never completely recover from it, what if I have deal with it forever.
Why cant they fix it, it's 21st century ... I'm really frustrated. I was depressed until I find this forum. Thanks for all your support Image
When I have good day I feel like I can get over this then next day I will have completely opposite day and start worrying ... I agree this can put our life on hold. I'm happy that your husband is extremely understanding. My husband understands but he seems does not like to listen about my problem. He is keep telling me be positive. Well at least he dilates my anus Image Sometimes I wonder how long can he be supportive. I was sick when I met him and till now ;(
Reni
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby Reni » 04 Feb 2013, 21:19

Update:
So, I had a colonoscopy and here is the result.
1. 1 small pocket which is diverticulosis - not to worry
2. 2 small hems - not to worry
3. scar tissue from surgery - not that bad
4. anal stenosis - not that bad, need minimal dilation
5. ANAL FISSURE - about half an inch, not healed at all
My GI doctor thinks AF is due to of surgery. I think that too. I guess surgeon cut it by accident ;(
I was feeling better last couple of days but after colonoscopy my nasty "want to push" feeling came back. Gi doctor said that this is not common symptom for the AF but probably it is because of it and also cuz of the scar tissue.
treatment: high fiber diet, nitroglycerin ointment. Going to see him 3-4 weeks. If it does not get better next step should be the botox. He hopes time would heal it and hopefully I will not need a another surgery to fix it.
I guess I just have to patient for I don't know how many months more ...
I really hope one day I will be normal and get back my life back.
My life is just so sad right now ;(
all i think is when am I gna have BM, how is it going to be, how much will it hurt, and not ending nasty sensations ...
I'm taking a glass of red wine today to see if it helps to relax down there ;( not sure if it's good idea or not but I will give it a shot.
Reni
Salt Bather

Postby Reni » 05 Feb 2013, 15:46

Hi guys,
I need your opinion. So, I have been using nitroglycerin since Jan 19 (little over 2 weeks) and I still have that want to push feeling. But I have to say it got very little better.
How long should I wait until I go to the next step which is Botox?
Seems like Botox does not work for some people ... I don't know if it's going to work for me or not.
Please give me advice.
Reni
Salt Bather

Postby Reni » 05 Feb 2013, 23:23

Update. I saw my surgeon today and we had a good talk. He thinks that AF would have lots of pain (I have pain but not that bad) so my symptom is more related to the sphincter spasm. He said that botox is not a good choice for me instead he would do LIS. So, I will keep see him on weekly basis and if it does not get better after a month we will go with the LIS ... I hope it will get better after month
Reni
Salt Bather

Postby CrackinUp » 06 Feb 2013, 08:07

Hi Reni, how did the glass of red go?? Did you have this before you went for a BM?
Reason I ask is I love red wine and have cut it out of my diet since the fissure Image
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby Reni » 06 Feb 2013, 15:46

Hi CrakinUp,
Wine did not do good nor bad. I just slept pretty good. If you decide to try I would recommend you to have exact 37gr only!
what's your fissure history?
Reni
Salt Bather

Postby suzyljank » 06 Feb 2013, 18:07

Hi, I've had a glass of wine and it didn't bother me. Just be careful if you're taking something for pain.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby Zulay22 » 06 Feb 2013, 18:55

Hi reni
Did you have surgery yet? Your story resonates with me since I also developed an AF after chilbirth. My little girl is 3 months. Been battling this for 2 months or so. My colorectal put me on diltiazem but that did nothing. Struggling with taking care of my LO. Makes me so sad and emotional I can't properly take care of her. :) anyways just wanted to say hello
Zulay22
Fibre Addict

Postby Reni » 06 Feb 2013, 20:29

Hi Zulay22,
I definitely understand you! I feel the same ;( I always think that I could have been much better mom if I did not suffer like this ... My daughter is going to be 3 months in 2 weeks. I have never been this sad ever in my life. I have never been this miserable ever mentally and physically.
I have not have my surgery yet. Doc and I decided to wait next 4 weeks or so see if things get better.
I don't have that much pain like others have been describing. I do have some pain but discomfort after bm took over my life ...
How is your symptom ?
Reni
Salt Bather

Postby Zulay22 » 06 Feb 2013, 20:38

Struggling with keeping my stool soft. That is the worst part dreading the bm on a daily basis. You may have mentioned it before but what are you trying ? My bm is very painful:( like it won't pass. I have taken colace. But that won't do alone. Crs suggested miralax but that gave me nausea. I have tried fiber but that bulks my stool too much so I stopped that. I have not found what works yet. Went to the GI he prescriber linzess a new drug that came out. But that made me feel crampy and bloated :(. I wish I knew what is up with me ... I wish you the best.
Zulay22
Fibre Addict