Need help again.....what do you take for the pain??

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Need help again.....what do you take for the pain??

Postby GGky1959 » 08 Feb 2013, 19:01

Listen, I know you guys are sick of me asking this.....but every time I come here, there's a constant in do's and don't's. I wish to God I had a doctor I could just sick down and talk to to guide me through this.....but I don't. My doctor is soooo insensitve to my pain.....so here's the question....other than habit changes....what can one take after a bm to get those muscles to relax so that you can get on with your day? Ib is out, Aleve is out......yet they're the only thing that takes away the pain and lasts. Should I take Tylenol instead? Please please help me, my job depends on this...I'm on the verge of loosing it from taking so many days off to combat the pain.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Re: Need help again.....what do you take for the pain??

Postby suzyljank » 08 Feb 2013, 19:39

Hi, I'm no doctor but for some people sitting in a warm bath after your morning BM helps relax the muscle. You could also buy a microwaveable heating pad to sit on while at work. Heat helps a lot. I have to ask why ibuprofen and aleve are out? If they help why not use them? You could also go to the health food store and ask about natural muscle relaxers like kava or valerian or vervain, it might be worth a try. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby GGky1959 » 08 Feb 2013, 19:44

suzyljank wrote:Hi, I'm no doctor but for some people sitting in a warm bath after your morning BM helps relax the muscle. You could also buy a microwaveable heating pad to sit on while at work. Heat helps a lot. I have to ask why ibuprofen and aleve are out? If they help why not use them? You could also go to the health food store and ask about natural muscle relaxers like kava or valerian or vervain, it might be worth a try. Suzy

Gee thanks for responding.....I'm hearing that IB thins the blood and hardens the stool.....the fact I'm on hi blood meds, makes this a bad combo...however....it works for me....but I don't want to do more damage to myself and my health. I would love to do the sitz baths, but I can't do them at work. I do however do them at night and in the mornings.....I'll definately try the natural stuff.....Suzy, I am spending so much money on this thing, its literally draining me financially....and nothing seems to work, nothing. But thanks again.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby owmybum » 09 Feb 2013, 03:39

Hi GGKY1959,
So sorry to hear you are finding no relief for your pain. Have you tried paracetamol? It's quite gentle on the stomach.. It may take the edge off. If you are sitting at work.. Maybe take a small cushion? Are you taking any type of stool softener? Achieving a nice soft stool seems to take the pain level after down a notch or two for me.
Soak in the tub when you can.
Hope you can find some relief xx
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

FINALLY GOOD NEWS TO REPORT

Postby GGky1959 » 09 Feb 2013, 16:32

owmybum wrote:Hi GGKY1959,
So sorry to hear you are finding no relief for your pain. Have you tried paracetamol? It's quite gentle on the stomach.. It may take the edge off. If you are sitting at work.. Maybe take a small cushion? Are you taking any type of stool softener? Achieving a nice soft stool seems to take the pain level after down a notch or two for me.
Soak in the tub when you can.
Hope you can find some relief xx
OMB x

This morning I did the dreaded BM and as usual it hurt like hell-o.....only this time, no blood and......(drums rolling)......I took 2 anusol's and stuffed them up there and to my great relief.....no pills today, no aches afterwards, just a normal day of no pain. I know its just a fluke...but this is the first time in 2 months, no Aleve, no 8mg of Ibuf and no crying, no tears......Could be, today's my 14 year anniversary on my job.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist