LIS surgery scheduled

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

LIS surgery scheduled

Postby Tash » 10 Feb 2013, 09:49

Hi everyone
After a year of suffering and trying all the creams and Botox in Nov. I'm scheduled for surgery later this month. After suffering so long I hope this surgery works. Can anyone who has been through this surgery please give me some advise of what to really expect. Im also having a skin tag removed and dr said I have a anal abscess that he's going to cut to help it drain. That also came from the fissure not healing.
Tash
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: LIS surgery scheduled

Postby Jessjess » 10 Feb 2013, 15:15

Hello Tash! I just had a fissurectomy and LIS and I am on day 7 post op and doing well. It will take 10-14 days to get back to normal, but careful activity. I have taken 2 weeks off of work, however it will take another couple of weeks for the wound to heal so I will have to be careful.
My recovery has been much easier than dealing with the fissure! The first day was easy since my butt was numb for most of the day. The doc prescribed Persocet so after surgery my parents took me to the drug store to get it filled and pick other items- gauze, Tucks, wet wipes, ibuprofen, Aleve, cold packs, stool softener, Miralax, Milk of Magnesia and Citrate of Magnesia (just in case of constipation). My first night I was up and down applying ice packs for swelling. The second day was painful even with the Percoset, but it wasn't any worse than dealing with the fissure.
The days since have been good and with each passing day, I get more hours of totally painfree time. It is a fairly easy recovery except for day after surgery which is the worst, but manageable with painkillers, ice packs, and sitz baths.
And of course, going to the bathroom and passing gas is a LOT easier!
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Tash » 10 Feb 2013, 16:01

Hi Jessjess
Im glad to hear you are doing well. Thanks for giving me an idea of what to expect. I have been in such pain and emotional stress for a year now. I am just expecting the recovery to be just a bad. But now I know it may not be as bad as I expect. Please keep me posted of your recovery.
Tash
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Jessjess » 10 Feb 2013, 16:12

Tash, I just posted my post-op instructions in the surgery section so this will help as well.
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Davo » 11 Feb 2013, 16:47

Hi Tash,
I had LIS surgery back in March 2012 and documented everything on a day by day basis including the surgery itself.
I hope this helps
http://anal-fissure.org/t4589-my-lis-diary-march-2012-fully-healed-in-4-weeks
Davo
Davo

Topics: 42