15 days post op...is this normal??

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

15 days post op...is this normal??

Postby Mamalucia » 15 Feb 2013, 16:44

Today makes 15 days post op...I had a fissurectomy and apparently LIS (long story) I've noticed I'm starting to get some spasms again and while they aren't as painful as before the surgeries they are uncomfortable enough to get an honorable mention! Any one experience spasms again so soon after these procedures? I'm hoping its not a sign that the surgery didn't work but I know it's to soon to tell. Image
Edit: also noticing a burning sensation on the opposite side of the LIS...almost like I can pin point the exact location of the burning.
Mamalucia
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Re: 15 days post op...is this normal??

Postby Jessjess » 17 Feb 2013, 19:40

Hello Mamalucia,
I too am having pain now 14 days post op. I've looked at the site where the fissuectomy was performed and it looks like the stitches have dissolve or come out. It looks like a red ring with tissue in between. It's buring right now, so I put some witch hazel on it with a gauze pad to hopefully dry it out. I was using A&D to soften up the stitches which I regret now. The nurse told me to do it! I hope this just a normal part of healing and not a complication!
Jessjess
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5