Worst night yet

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Worst night yet

Postby GGky1959 » 13 Feb 2013, 13:28

The last couple of days, I had been feeling fine, the anusol I thought was working, 2 days of heaven....last night I was fooled. The bm was okay, but the after results...OMG, was a nightmare......the pain was so severe that I almost overdosed on Aleve.....9 200mg pills, it was that bad. I just don't understand this desease. My eyes are literly turning yellow...So I've made changes...I'm switching doctors, I called this morning....I've ordered the Manuka Honey, sure hope this works and I've increased my fiber again. I know its a long journey, but I have got to know that there's a rainbow waiting for me or else, I just don't know what I'm gonna do. I can't continue to cry myself to sleep over this thing, its consuming to much of my life and God knows I got sooooo many other health issues that need addressing. I'm hoping this new doctor will be a blessing for me, I just need someone in the medical field to understand my pain and the physical toll this thing is taking on me. Wish me luck, please
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Re: Worst night yet

Postby CrackinUp » 13 Feb 2013, 13:37

Have you tried the GTN ointment?
I've stuck to a strict regime and used this - now I'm virtually pain free after 2 weeks. Sometimes have a slightly painful hour, two max, but nowhere near what it was.
I'm living on small portions of veg, fish, olive oil, lots of water and stool softener. Sometimes have chicken but in very low quantity as it's caused more damage before - even with the softener.
No coffee, no tea, no alcohol... nothing but water.
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby owmybum » 13 Feb 2013, 14:08

I hope the new dr listens to you and helps you. It's no fun living like this... We have all been there and understand your fears and sadness.
Let us know what the new dr says
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby GGky1959 » 13 Feb 2013, 19:07

CrackinUp wrote:Have you tried the GTN ointment?
I've stuck to a strict regime and used this - now I'm virtually pain free after 2 weeks. Sometimes have a slightly painful hour, two max, but nowhere near what it was.
I'm living on small portions of veg, fish, olive oil, lots of water and stool softener. Sometimes have chicken but in very low quantity as it's caused more damage before - even with the softener.
No coffee, no tea, no alcohol... nothing but water.

No I have tried GTN ointment, what is it?? and how can I get some??? My pain is lasting upwards of 5 hours....5 hours of stinging, pushing, soreness and glass pain...5 hours. I have tried to go cold turkey and leave the pain meds alone.....but after a bm and the warm sitz bath, it doesn't go away. My diet is questionable, perhaps. But I can't keep up with it half the time because I work sooo many hours and it hard.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GGky1959 » 13 Feb 2013, 19:09

owmybum wrote: Image
I hope the new dr listens to you and helps you. It's no fun living like this... We have all been there and understand your fears and sadness.
Let us know what the new dr says
OMB x

Once I get in, I plan on bending this guys ears...I just want someone to listen to me and instruct me on how to manage this pain. Everything else I can handle.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby CrackinUp » 14 Feb 2013, 07:28

GTN ointment is glyceryl trinitrate. Normally it's the first thing given to someone suffering from a fissure... I actually can't believe you've not tried it.
CrackinUp
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11

Postby GGky1959 » 14 Feb 2013, 15:16

CrackinUp wrote:GTN ointment is glyceryl trinitrate. Normally it's the first thing given to someone suffering from a fissure... I actually can't believe you've not tried it.

My primary care phy. is about as useful on this matter as *** are to a bull. He is completely blind to my pain, my plight and me. That's why I switched doctors this year. He told me to drink water, eat fiber and take tylenol...end of story. I just recently got him to prescribe me anusol, which is not doing a thing and I got the anusol info. here. Today, I phoned in to my new doctor and gave him the name of GTN, so hopefully I'll have that filled by tonight. I'm all alone with this pain. My surgeon is great, but I can't afford to go to him. Today, at work, I was in tears all day, all day....the Aleve is starting not to work anymore because I take so much of it. I had a good bm, but the pain afterwards is just tooooo much and hopefully this ointment will ease some of the pain...God I sure hope so!!
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby GGky1959 » 16 Feb 2013, 17:29

CrackinUp wrote:GTN ointment is glyceryl trinitrate. Normally it's the first thing given to someone suffering from a fissure... I actually can't believe you've not tried it.

Check this....I contacted my doctor and he said it causes severe headaches not a thing?????? Did you have headaches?
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Rachael 1984 » 16 Feb 2013, 17:59

Hi GG, it does give headaches initially, but as you get used to it, the side effects lessen. It is worth it to take the Fissure pain away. I found that it is best to apply it quite a bit before you go to work etc.. As it can make you feel a bit dizzy. But this isn't as bad as the Fissure pain!
Use it every 12 hrs for 8 wks, then longer if needed Image .
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Rachael 1984 » 16 Feb 2013, 18:06

Sorry should have said twice daily. 2.5 cm into the anus.
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!