Fissurectomy and Dialatation Today Pre and Post Log

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Fissurectomy and Dialatation Today Pre and Post Log

Postby T0rn » 28 Feb 2013, 08:26

Hello
I posted a little history on the link below but thought I would start a new thread with Pre and Post operation journal like others have done.
History - http://anal-fissure.org/t6155-surgery-bound-tomorrow-very-scared-and-nervous
Day before Surgery
It was a tough day. I was instructed not to eat anything for the entire day and only drink clear fluids. At 4pm I was instructed to take a 300ml bottle of CitroMag to purge my system in prep for surgery. The Citro didn't work as fast as it has in the past and this time it kinda upset my stomach. Needless to say I was up multiple times during the night. Of course every BM is followed by pain and burn so last night was quite the treat! I applied the Diltiazem after each BM and that quietened down the angry ass so I could sleep.
Surgery Day
Well, I'm just about to head out the door to the hospital. I can tell you, I'm super nervous to point of being a little nauseated. Butt is on fire as per the usual morning but flames are on low for the time being. We'll see how the 30min drive does. Wish me luck! I'll post back when I'm home and able.
T0rn
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Fissurectomy and Dialatation Today Pre and Post Log

Postby richibeno » 28 Feb 2013, 10:05

Good luck '
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Postby jr2 » 28 Feb 2013, 11:18

Wishing you the best of luck today! (and in your recovery too)
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby thisfissurecankissmybutt » 28 Feb 2013, 13:28

Good luck!
thisfissurecankissmybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby marg6043 » 28 Feb 2013, 14:46

T0rn I wish you a fast and speedy recovery. Image
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby T0rn » 28 Feb 2013, 16:22

surgery
Well was into OR right on time and was out of there in good time. I questioned my surgeon just before going in about the type of dilatation he does. He held up 2 fingers and said "2 fingers for 2 minutes". This didn't instill a huge amount of confidence however he has been doing it for 18 years and said he's never had a complication from it.
I feel better now than when I went in to be perfectly honest. I do feel a little nauseated from the car ride home but once I got horizontal again, I feel a little better. I'm still slightly frozen down there and still a little dopey from the anesthetic.
I have a huge patch on my rear pretty much covering my entire behind. The surgeon came down to see me in recovery and told me everything went well. He excised the fissure and gave me the dilatation. He said that I have gauze padding under bandage and some foam type packing in the anus. I was told to leave everything I'm place until first BM at which time I should remove the bandage and gauze and just let the packing go into toilet with BM.
I've been given stool softener and instructed to take meta mucil 2 times daily as I was along with twice daily stool softener and once daily Restoralax as I was before. I'm to have at least 2 baths daily and after BM. No restrictions on food other than common sense and lots of fluids. I'm gonna have a nap now on my comfy couch. I'll update on progress.
Thanks for all the positive thoughts and comments!
T0rn
Fibre Addict

Day 1 - Post Op.

Postby T0rn » 01 Mar 2013, 08:41

Woke up this morning with a bit of pain. Nothing too agonizing just noticeable when moving around. It's amazing how much that sphincter muscle is used in a normal day. Anyway as instructed, I took some pain meds to stay ahead of the pain. I didn't really eat anything except some digestive cookies yesterday so I don't anticipate a BM this morning. Will have something light for breaky like a breakfast bar. I was also given Naproxen which is an NSAID. I'm a little worried about it as I'm pretty sure the last time I was prescribed this, my urine turned very dark which is not good according to literature. I'll give it a try and if the same result, I'll discontinue as I did last time.
I passed some gas this morning intentionally which is a good sign. No pain. Other than an ache, things seem pretty good so far.
T0rn
Fibre Addict

Day 1 Post Op - 11am

Postby T0rn » 01 Mar 2013, 10:14

Stomach has been grumbling a bit so I decided to remove the massive bandage that was super glued onto my butt! Sticky cloth surgical bandage covering both cheeks as well as a good portion of the taint. OUCHY!!! OUCHY!!! OUCHY!!! OUCHY!!!
Other than that, still no pain per se. Just a bit of a dull ache. 1/10 the pain and burn I was living with daily. So far so good!
T0rn
Fibre Addict

Postby tojo78 » 01 Mar 2013, 14:31

Sounds like you came through like a champ! To be honest, the worst part of my post surgery recovery might have been removing the bandages from my rear end. The tape was brutal! Hope you continue with your smooth recovery!
tojo78
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Day 2 Post Op

Postby T0rn » 02 Mar 2013, 12:22

Have had very little pain mostly just discomfort when sitting for too long or shifting while laying down. I only took 2 of the pain pills that I was prescribed. I am still having some bleeding which is I assume from the fissurectomy. More worrisome is the fact that I have still not had a BM since the surgery. As instructed, I've been taking fiber in morning and evening, stool softeners twice daily and laxative once daily along with a large quantity of fluid intake (peeing quite frequently). I ate normally yesterday and so far today as instructed. I sat on toilet this morning hoping to have a BM but there was nothing there. I'm gonna go and soak in the tub for while, maybe that will help push things along. At this point I'm starting to get nervous that I'm constipated from the narcotics during and after the surgery which is partly why I stopped taking the pain meds as well. If I haven't had a BM by later on today, I may have to get more drastic by taking a small dose of CitroMag to get things started.
T0rn
Fibre Addict