Success story - Botox

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Success story - Botox

Postby GGky1959 » 06 Mar 2013, 14:41

Painnomore wrote:Hi everyone, this is the first time I've posted on here although I am far from new to this forum. I have spent many nights sat here reading posts and trying to find an answer. As so many posts have given me useful advice I though it only right I should come back and let you know what eventually worked for me. Sorry if it's a bit long but I wanted to cover everything. Sorry if there its also a bit tmi.
Ok, 4 years ago I had my first baby by c section. Batter morphine and numerous co codamols I became very constipated and I tore. I didn't realise this and thought I had got hemmorhoids, backed up by the fact I had a lump which came out every time I went to the loo that needed to be manually pushed back up after. On and off for the next few years I would have some pain in the area but nothing to alert me to a fissure until I went on holiday in sept 2012, got constipated again and woke up in the night in the most horrendous pain ever. I spent all night crying and writhing in agony. I could also feel a little lump at the back on the outside which I thought was a hemmorhoid and began treating it as one until I came across this forum and realised I had all the symptoms of a fissure. I became very scared. I have a 2 yr old son and. 3 yr old daughter and I i was finding it hard to care for them. I also sbecame very depressed and preoccupied. I go to the toilet every day and constipation is not a regular thing for me yet every day would see the area getting sore, possibly infected and it would throb.
I saw the gp who prescribed me rectogesic which I used despite the headaches and it would heal somewhat and then retear every three or so days for no real reason. She the referred me to the hospital and I was very lucky to have a consultant who took one look at the outside, saw the tag and without any further probing announced I had a fissure and he would give me Botox. Two weeks later I had it.
After the procedure he told that what I had originally though was a hemmie (popped out when I used the loo) was actually a fibrious polyp at the bottom of the fissure. He said they sometimes occur and he removed it straight away.
What followed was a nightmare two weeks as I now had two open wounds! but I as relieved the lump no longer made an appearance. when I used the loo oh my god it hurt so much. The botox took hold properly after about three weeks but I wanted to come on here to let you know it wasn't the botox alone that worked for me. I still kept tearing every few days. I really had to step up my game.
So, here is what I did.
I realised that the Retearing always came after a day of extreme itching. I did some research and found a site that explained the myths and facts about wounds. One said that it is a myth at wound needs to be dry to heal properly. A wound must not be damp obviously but the cells around the wound need to have moisture to stay alive. When there is a found the cells at the edges o f the wound came become dry and die and this slows healing. The best thing to prevent this is coconut oil. Many of you will use it anyway but it really works. It completely stopped the itching for me. It is also antiseptic and antifungal and is so soothing. I would gently push a good lump of it up there.
The other thing I did was juice fasting. Now, many of you will say fasting is a no no and in the case of a water fast I will agree but a juice fast is very different.
You still get calories, energy and nutrients but the intestines have less to do and healing can take place. The day before starting eat lightly. This is important as it will prevent you becoming constipated. For the next 5 day (you can do longer if you wish) only have homemade juices. I bought a cheap juicer from Argos and I'd did he job. My favourite was two apples, two pears, a carrot, a handful of spinach, a kiwi Nd ten grapes. It's looks vile but just tastes like fruit.
You can have this whenever you are hungry. I was never hungry on this. Less energy was spent on digesting food and my body began to heal. Now for The tmi part. I still went to the loo everyday but there was hardly anything there and what was completely surprised me. Because the only thing going through your intenstines was particles from the juice it makes your stool very soft but sort of fluffy and really dry. I don't mean dry as in painful but as in there was no wetness there if that makes sense? this really helped me. It was so soft I couldn't feel it and because it was dry, there was nothing to irritate my open wounds.
I also did two hot baths a day.
I'm not joking, after months of trying every cream, vitamin I could think of, two weeks of the above and I am virtually healed. I say virtually as I'm loath to tempt fate but I have not felt this good in ages. I am the old me again and my kids are getting the benefits.
I am back seeing my consultant on the 12th. I know these things can come back and I dread that but I will do everything I can to prevent it.
Please try the juice fast and coconut oil if you haven't already. If your anything like me you'll want to try everything!!!
good luck
Xxxxxxx
I realised that

Hi, I'm so happy for you......I would try the juicing alone, just for the health benefit. Thanks and good luck with your success. I hope it lasts a life time. Image
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby coconut » 06 Mar 2013, 18:40

Rachael 1984 wrote:Good luck tomorrow coconut. Xx
Yes diet plays a big role. I am on porridge, Soup with small amount of bread and Fish, veg, sweet potato for eve meal.
I am going to ask CRS about this, as they never give us any advice on diet..

My CRS gave me a detailed diet. If you like, I can share it. I wonder if I can attach a scan here.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby coconut » 06 Mar 2013, 18:43

Painnomore wrote:Hi everyone,
I am now eating a normal diet, the only things I don't eat are the very obvious problem things like nuts seeds etc. I now take magnesium every night before I go to bed, I am not healed for long enough to consider my body able to manage it alone.
For my situation I think there were a few things that stopped me from healing. One being the polyp which got dragged along the fissure every time I used the loo. Secondly, my sphincter was in spasm and the Botox has stopped that. It didn't do straight away, as I said it was a few weeks. The coconut oil has helped me so much in keeping everything moisturised enough to heal.
The juice fast, I know is not for everyone. I just had a gut feeling that in my situation that if I could let the area rest a short while it could have a fighting chance. I felt that the fissure had made several attempts at healing but something was getting in the way.
I spent the weekend in Disneyland with my kids, something I ws both excited about and dreading. All I heard about was nothing but junk food everywhere. Well, I survived it, had no choice but to eat some of the food and even got through a small bout of diarrhoea after a dodgy hotdog and touch wood I am still ok.
I know it could return. The consultant said there was always a chance but I live in hope. I will probably always take a magnesium tablet before bed rather than ever risk constipation again.
Xxx

There's something about following that inner voice and getting good results that is just so RIGHT! I love hearing stories like this. Glad you're doing well, too.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12