massage a spasm?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

massage a spasm?

Postby hopefulbutt » 16 Mar 2013, 14:55

I know a few people have written before, but I am wondering, can I massage a spasm when it's coming? I have once and although it hurt worse at the time, it seemed to help it lessen the overall pain of it. Is this a good idea or bad? Image
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40

Re: massage a spasm?

Postby coconut » 16 Mar 2013, 15:47

I massage the spasm from the outside. There is no harm in that. Internal massage is individual. Some people use it and benefit, but most people don't, either because it hurts or because it causes harm to the fissure.
coconut
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Re: massage a spasm?

Postby Girraphne » 29 Oct 2022, 08:48

I have been going to pelvic floor physical therapy for several weeks and i’m amazed by how much the spasms have decreased with massage! I’ve been feeling so much better and even my fissure, although still there, really seems to be making progress, signs of healing! So yes, massage frequently, even when you’re not in a spasm type event. I want to order suction cups and try to do some more massage and treatment on my own. Sometimes i lean up against a counter at work when i have to try to make it through the day like a normal person, and i press the edge into my butt muscles to release tension m, it really helps! The foam roll is also my BFF! Good luck to any body reading this!
Jan 2022 - fissure diagnosed, dr said it looked like it was superficial and almost healed.
July 2022- got constipated while traveling, retear.
Working on a diet and bathroom regimen to help healing. Using nifedipine/lidocaine cream and a&d ointment.
Girraphne
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1