6 days after LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: 6 days after LIS

Postby ajkk » 03 Apr 2013, 08:49

Hi everyone,
apologies if i'm asking people to repeat themselves but i've been reading through past posts and can't figure out peoples actual recovery times (i'm looking for reassurance i guess)
I had 3 hems banded on 14th of March along with a botox injection for fissure(s).
After 1 week i was in a lot of pain so rang the consulatnt who invited me to his clinic on the 28th March.
After looking and trying to examine me he sent me to the hospital where i had an abscess drained and a fistula removed. I was in hospital for 4 days in quite a lot of pain.
I'm home now, i have to go to the doctors to get it packed everyday and it'll be a week 2moz since my most recent surgery.
My pain varies throughout the day, (obv after bowl movement is worse) i have a dull ach across the bottom of my back, my but cheeks and my thighs. My anus/sphinctre throbs on and off but more so when i stand.
Weeing has become more and more painful, the whole area just hurts during and for a while after when it fades. I'm trying to be optimistic but i just dont feel as tho i'm recovering, and if i am then its worryingly slow...Family and friends are all asking me how i am and i'm trying to be positive, i don't want to talk myself into poorly!
I soak in a bath after every bowel movement
I am on max pain relief (tramadol, ibuprofen, paracetamol)
I have a good diet and take stool softeners
I use a hot wheat bag which provides some relief
The Fistula was at 6 o'clock (across edge of ring at the back) Its not massive, shallow but wide-ish.
So sorry to ramble, we all know it gets liek this when you're stuck at home...
If anyones able to give me their operations and recovery times/complications I'd be really grateful(-:
xx
ajkk
Fibre Addict

Postby Hopeful » 04 Apr 2013, 06:44

Hi there, I suffered from deep fissure for almost 6 weeks and I had LIS done on march 18th. My doctor told me I will be recovered and working within a week. It has been more than two weeks and I have not still recovered fully. I haven't able to work since the surgery and hoping next week I can get back to work. My work requires me to sit 8 hours so I m kind of afraid. I m trying to sit on my bum little bit at a time. Max I have sat is 40 min. It doesn't hurt but I can feel the pressure and I don't wanna make situation worst. I have an appointment tomorrow and hoping to hear everything is normal. Seems like with fissure u have other things going on. You have to be patience it's gonna take couple days to week. People say recovery time for LIS 2-4 weeks, here I m with 3 weeks things are getting better but not just there yet. I m still doing sitz bath 3 times a day, drinking metamucil and eating lots of veg/fruits.. Hope v all get better soon and start our normal life one day..
Hopeful
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Hopeful » 05 Apr 2013, 13:26

So just got back from dr's office. She said my wound looks better and probably 90% healed. I have to go and see her again in month.. The good news is that she said I don't have to do sitz bath anymore.. And I can get back to work from next week.. I can't wait to get back to work and hoping I can sit for 8 hours.. Hope everyone is doing well..
Hopeful
Fibre Addict

Postby ravians » 26 Apr 2013, 01:29

how r u hopeful now, it's been more than a month now u have gonethrough lis. I m also planing lis may b next week but after reading your posts I'm thinking about it I am a teacher and exams of my students ah n a week or so. So if healing time is between 2 2 4 weeks then it will be difficult for me to go for lis. I may have to postpone it for a month. But the thought of passing bm with tight sphincter also scares me
ravians
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby Hopeful » 02 May 2013, 04:50

Hi there, I m doing better but I have my days. I started working after 3 weeks of surgery. If u don't have to sit on your bum for too long at work I would think I can start work in 2 weeks.. But just last week I felt like my fissure came back not as bad as before but I had similar feeling down there. I started taking stool softner again. I m having another appointment next week hoping to get some positive answer. But overall I think LIS did really help to me.. Good luck.
Hopeful
Fibre Addict