LIS with fissurectomy one month ago

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

LIS with fissurectomy one month ago

Postby bummed » 05 Apr 2013, 16:48

I had been dealing with my fissure since Dec. 4. I had horrible pain with bm and spasms afterward, but not much blood at all. I had surgery March 8, LIS with fissurectomy. I was in a lot of pain for the first two weeks after surgery, and had to use 800 mg ibuprofin and percoset together to ease the pain. I also stayed on my heating pad. I was told not to do sitz baths, but to use my shower head to clean after bm. I still have pain and tenderness where the fissure was, and I still have spasms after a bm. It was so bad today, I considered taking pain meds, but decided to tough it out. I am sick of putting drugs in my body. At my follow up appointment which was last week, Dr. said I was where I should be at this stage of my healing. I am just wondering if anyone else still had spasms after the surgery, and did they eventually stop. I do feel looser back there when I have bm, but don't always feel as though I empty my bowels fully. I am also still keeping things very soft. This is the most frustrating thing I have ever dealt with, and I am so ready for it to be over, and I don't have to stress everytime I have to go to bathroom.
bummed

Topics: 1

Re: LIS with fissurectomy one month ago

Postby marg6043 » 08 Apr 2013, 09:12

bummed sorry to hear that you are having problems after your surgery, you have almost 4 weeks of recovery, so you are still healing.
I never had LIS but for what I have read from other members that had the surgery, most of them experience different grades of relief, some better than others.
I wonder if you are still using any cream to ease the spams, some doctors still encourage patients to keep using the cream during the healing process.
I hope that you are doing better by the time you read this post.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby bummed » 08 Apr 2013, 17:56

Thanks for your reply. I have not been using anything for the spasms except heating pad and motrin, although I do have nifedipine suppositories left from earlier attempts to heal it that way. My doctor hasn't mentioned me using them, but I guess it wouldn't hurt. Thanks for the suggestion and kind words.
bummed

Topics: 1

Postby marg6043 » 08 Apr 2013, 18:13

bummed if you are no doing better after using the left over nifedipine suppositories, call your doctor and tell him what is going on and what he suggest for you to do to ease the spams.
Things will get better once the healing process takes over, just remember we all have different grades of recovery.
Read some of the members experiences and you will find that is not unusual to feel discomfort after weeks of surgery even months, but the key is, that as long as the fissure is healing the goal will be achieved .
It gets better eventually for most people.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8