this is ruining my life

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

this is ruining my life

Postby losinghope » 15 Apr 2013, 03:58

Hi everyone, I had an anal fissure repair about a year ago and got told I would have instant relief, this has not happened, I have alot of bloody mucous, severe constipation, then to the other extreme I cant stop going. I have been given all sorts to help me as of yet nothing has worked, just had a colonoscopy this week where nothing was found, given some more laxatives which have not yet worked, my abdo may is unbareable at times as is the anal pain anyone have any suggestions, I have seen several doctors and still no closer to knowing what is wrong with me, have been told I may need a pressure test due to nerve damage. P.s this all started after the birth of my daughter
losinghope

Topics: 1

Re: this is ruining my life

Postby PIA » 15 Apr 2013, 07:34

Hi Losing Hope,
I am sorry you are in so much pain and that you have needed to join this forum.
We all have been where you are in your desperation.
Familiarise yourself with the threads on this forum and I am sure you will be helped by the massive amounts of wise advise available.
There are a few things that seem to help a lot of people.
They aim to get soft consistent bowel Motions and address the spasm of the anal sphincter contracting.
avoid constipation at all costs.
It can take quiet a bit of juggling to get things back in balance and if you are busy with children the difficulty is magnified.
Put yourself first.
Get a referral to a reputable Colorectal Surgeon.
Drink lots of water.
Avoid highly processed, spicy foods.
Many people find Miralax(movicol) helpful to keep their stools soft.
Vaseline applied to anus before BM.
Gentle, thorough cleaning of the area post BM
Warm baths after BMs and whenever the spasms are bad.
Coconut oil applied to and into the anus has helped me greatly.
I have also found help from Rectogesic ointment and Botox to relieve the spasm but it does not seem to work for everybody.
I hope you can find some relief on this site and look forward to hearing how things progress with you. XX Pia
PIA
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Postby marg6043 » 15 Apr 2013, 07:42

losinghope wrote: given some more laxatives which have not yet worked, my abdo may is unbearable at times as is the anal pain anyone have any suggestions,

Laxatives can can cause diarrhea and also gas that will be the cause of your stomach pain, you have to do the trial and error to find what can work for you while minimizing side effects.
So read in the forums for what works for people when it comes to keeping the stools soft and easy to pass.
I like PIA recommend a qualified CRS you can trust and that can work with you without having to see so many doctors and getting conflicting opinions and treatments.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby losinghope » 15 Apr 2013, 16:01

Thanks for the replies, when I say I have both extremes I have not taken laxatives, im taking them now and have been blocked up for 5 days, my longest being near on 3 weeks, I got tested for chrohns but I appear to have a healthy bowel, also used a local anesthetic to help with pain none which have worked, just feel like my life is run my this
losinghope

Topics: 1

Postby marg6043 » 15 Apr 2013, 16:36

losinghope, take PIA list of suggestions is very good, Miralax(movicol) is great for helping with constipation, but you have to do it on a daily basis,without missing a dose.
Now, obviously constipation is a problem, so you know that you BM could be painful one, when you are ready for the BM make sure you lubricate with plenty of Vaseline to minimize irritation.
You may have to check your diet and make some changes that is a plus when dealing with fissures.
Surgery and medications are only half of the healing process you have to put the other half and make changes, remember live is never the same after a fissure.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8