'stuck poop' syndrome

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

'stuck poop' syndrome

Postby Just 'Pain' Tired » 15 Apr 2013, 12:45

Hi fellow AF warriors! My biggest challenge (while trying to heal from a large AF) is the morning BM. I always have the urge to go, but pain occurs early and then my system seems to clamp down and not allow the stool to pass. Thus my term, 'stuck poop' syndrome. I've seen mainstream and naturopathic providers. Both recommend fiber supplements and one recommends stool softeners. I'm on a high fiber, lots of water regimen already. Anyhow, one trick that seems to help eventually, is to drink two glasses of cold water either before I go or once stuck. It takes a while (10 to 15 minutes) but produces some upstream pressure and urge to complete the process. Just wondering if others have suggestions!!!!!! Image
Just 'Pain' Tired
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Re: 'stuck poop' syndrome

Postby Anonymon » 15 Apr 2013, 14:38

My fissures couldn't take anything coming out really, soft or not, so I liquified my poops with Milk of Magnesia. If I get it just right, it's all dissolved in water coming out, and I've even tricked my butt a few times into thinking nothing really happened. No spasms on a couple of days when I was at the height of them, etc.
You might also try lubing up first, and/or a lube-ish enema. Oils like Olive or Coconut with meals can help too. Not as much as those, however.
I would never recommend 'high' fiber, just enough to keep you regular. More than that, and you're just pooping bigger and bulkier things. That's actually how I got my fissures on each occasion, the second after my doctor convinced me to try more fiber again. What's your diet like?
Anonymon
Salt Bather

Topics: 26

Postby Just 'Pain' Tired » 15 Apr 2013, 15:56

Thanks for your suggestions. I'm eating high fiber cereal or high fiber bread, brown rice, lots of veggies, some fruit and proteins, such as chicken or fish. It's possible I'm over-doing it on the fiber (I have been trying Metamucil once a day and a Colace type softener once a day.)
Just 'Pain' Tired
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby Anonymon » 15 Apr 2013, 16:02

You may very well be. With constipation, it tends to be talked of broadly, but there are different things lumped in there worth considering. Mainly, there's regularity, and stool quality. Stool quality with fissures is above all else the most important, keeping them as soft as possible. This can at times mean being regular, as too long in the colon or intestines makes stool harder by drawing water out of it. But if you're already regular, more fiber is more poop to worry about. Fat is more involved with regulating all that than fiber, unless you're backed up with things like too much protein.
Anonymon
Salt Bather

Topics: 26