Hi all!!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hi all!!

Postby Steve-O » 25 Mar 2013, 18:49

I've always had trouble with my back passage, I remember seeing a Dr when I was younger and complaining of bleeding when wiping, I was told I was wiping too hard.
Last year I lost my Dad and made a pact with myself I would take my health more seriously. I had had blood on wiping a few times and March last year I made an appointment to see a Dr, I was examined and he said I had a small skin tag on my anus which was most probably left from a Pile. Increase fluids and Fibre was his advice.
In the past year I had a few occasions where I had blood and pain, the pain would normally go after a day.
Back in February I noticed the pain was back and this time it was alot worse (I'm sorry, I can't remember if it was a large/hard stool), the pain didn't go away and it was excruciating, damn it hurt, would normally start an hour or 2 after a BM and continue till after lunch, it got so bad I couldn't think about what I was doing.
I made an appointment to see a Dr, I explained my symptoms and the Dr said "I will examine you if you want but I don't feel the need, it's piles, why are you here?" Now naturally, I chose not to be examined lol and said I want something for the pain, he perscribed Xyloproct, this didn't make any difference.
A week or so later I went back and saw a different Dr, this time I was examined and he said I had a fissure and he perscribled Rectogesic (Glyceryl Trinitrate). I've been using this cream for nearly 3 weeks now and apart from thumping headaches I feel as somedays my bum is alot better and some days it isn't, I can normally put this down to days where I have walked alot.
My questions are, does walking somehow aggravate the fissure and also, how long until it's better?
Thanks for reading.
Steve-O

Topics: 1

Re: Hi all!!

Postby hendrick181 » 25 Mar 2013, 21:44

Fissure seems accurate for sure. I havent noticed any difference walking ..any pain i have had walking is usually related to a painful BM(bowel movement).. Mostly of what ive experienced and also what i have read has been diet and doing whatever the hell it takes to keep stool consistently soft.... There's the challenge. I would reco u read up, get educated and do what u can to beat this thing......
hendrick181
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Rachael 1984 » 26 Mar 2013, 06:11

Hi Stevo. The rectogesic is normally used for 8 weeks. Although some people use it longer. If you look at some of the other posts, there are other sufferers who are going through the same. Some days are better than others. This is the problem with AF they seem to act up when you don't expect. Are you taking stool softeners? And watching what you eat. Everything needs to pass through softly.
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Steve-O » 16 Apr 2013, 02:53

Hello again, thanks for the replies.
I always watched what I ate since my visit to my GP last year, wholemeal bread, plenty fluids etc. I still don't know what caused this problem as my BM's have always been regular and soft. The only thing I can think of is I like my beer, 2 to 3 pints a day, sometimes more at weekends, at the start of this year I abstained for 6 weeks and I noticed my stools got harder, one in particular I remember was very hard to pass but it wasn't big!
Anyways, day 40 on Nitro for me, I am seeing some improvement, some days are pain free, some are uncomfortable and last week some unbearable days. I put this down to it being my Birthday, going out for the day and eating rubbish food.
My problem is now, eating more fibre etc. is that my BM's are very frequent, 2 to 3 times a day, yes they are soft but it's the clearing up afterwards, I use baby wipes but still aggravates my fissure. Is it worth using Vaseline as has been mentioned on this board, if so how does it get used? Do you just put it on before you do a BM?
Steve-O

Postby Steve-O » 16 Apr 2013, 02:55

Oh and I'm taking Dulcoease as a stool softener.
Steve-O

Postby owmybum » 16 Apr 2013, 11:50

Yes, put a blob on just before a bm. X
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !