Hi Im New here

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hi Im New here

Postby AndreaC » 16 Apr 2013, 12:33

Hello there i was told i have an anal fissure! it hurts like hell! i cant sit stand walk or laydown with out being in pain! A majority of the day i work standing up hunched over my desk! i am going for surgery in the 26th but i need something to releave the pain now! Can anybody guide me??? Please??? They have given me supositorys and I have been drinking water taking fiber pills sidz baths im on the verge of tears!! help please
Last edited by AndreaC on 16 Apr 2013, 12:35, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mis spelled words
AndreaC
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Re: Hi Im New here

Postby Ever the Optimist » 16 Apr 2013, 14:31

Hi Andrea,
So sorry you have to be here but it's an extremely comforting place to be when you have a fissure and a lot of us can/ have relate(d) to the way you are feeling right now...Firstly, there are no "miracle" cures for a painful and acute fissure but there are LOTS of ways in which people find relief in dealing with them (Scour the hints and tips part of the site for things to try).......Painkillers are an obvious start - They don't get rid of the pain entirely but take the intensity out of it. Try applying Raw Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil on your anal opening after baths/ BM's - This is wonderfully soothing and I am huge fan now with an awful lot of others on this site! Aloe Vera helped me too (straight from the plant) Keep up all the stuff you have been doing (drinking loads of fluids, eating all the right soft foods, especially the fruits & veggies) Be careful however not to overdo the fibre. Apply Vaseline before any BM to release everything more easily and "coat" the fissure....Take a stool softener if you haven't been doing so to keep things soft, soft, soft down there....I can't believe you've just been "told" you have a fissure and your CRS has not prescribed you Nitro or Diltiazem cream in the meantime, since these can be incredibly effective at reducing the pain levels. What surgery are you going for on the 26th?? Is this something you've been newly diagnosed with or have you been suffering a long time???? Can you reduce your working hours at all temporarily just to help you get some rest and be more comfortable for the time being? I'm not sure why you are prescribed suppositories too since they are no big help with a fissure (unless they are helping you with your BM's in some way) I couldn't even think about inserting them when I was in my full state of agony!......
Hang in there and I hope you find something on this site that really brings you some relief in the meantime. You WILL get through this - You have to keep telling yourself that!!
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby AndreaC » 16 Apr 2013, 16:01

Hi... I have been suffering with this for a long time but thought they were hemroids!! So i was using everything under the sun to help. I never bothered to get it checked ! It would come n go! Last 2 years i have been through a hell of a time i had 2 major surgeries 1 being a hysterectomy, so i figured that was why i was having issues! Last week i gave in and went to the colen doc and he did a few test on me(by the way they are not easy ones) the digital one is the one when he said i got it.. I literally thought he got it. He said its a fissure..so needless to say he told me try fiber drink lots of water and gave me anucort(hydrocortisone suppository) to insert at nt. and told me about this procedure lis that will relieve the pressure and help me heal, he said try it to see if you can start to heal on my own but that because i let it go so long and it has not healed already that this option was open to me. I called my mom to explain to her what was going on and she tells me that i was told this already when i was very young about the age of 9. But it was so long ago i guess i forgot about it. She said she took me to a proctologist way back when and he did some tests and that it would heal... Apparently not.. So here i am today trying to get this pain to stop i have been using the med at night and it helps a lil the pain dose not get agonizing till the pm but today im just done.. I feel like my butt is on FIRE And i need relief!!
AndreaC
Fibre Addict

Postby mangomonica » 16 Apr 2013, 23:05

Hi Andrea... Im new here too. Sorry your feeling aweful - hang in there. I totally hear you on the "fire" feeling... most often it helps me ease the pain even just a bit if I use an icepack on my rear. Some people find heat soothing but I was desperate one day, tried the ice and was able to get some relief.
mangomonica
Fibre Addict

Postby owmybum » 17 Apr 2013, 01:57

Yes.... If you feel on fire, a little ice works wonders.
OMB xx
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Rachael 1984 » 17 Apr 2013, 02:11

Sorry Andrea you are in pain. You have come to the right place for support. I found a warm lavender heat pack stopped the pain for a while. Or Ice as OMB said. I think everyone is different, so it will be trial and error.
As for the burning, that was the worst for me... never letting up, on and on.... I found that doing 3 sitz baths a day helped. Image
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Positive Girl » 17 Apr 2013, 02:36

Sorry Andrea for your pain.........I am right with you. That burning pain that also feels like someone has put a sharp knife up you is just unbearable. I too have discovered that heat makes my pain worse and that an ice cube wrapped in a sandwich bag helps with the pain. I also sit on a blown up exercise ball and that helps a little too. Best of luck
Positive Girl
Fibre Addict

Postby AndreaC » 17 Apr 2013, 09:14

Out of desperation i used an ice pack a few days ago and it helped a bit, but any thing to releave the burning is good for me! Its kinda funny when the kids ask ..MOM..why are you sitting on an ice pack..it makes me lol a bit, im just tired of having one thing after another! hoping this will be the last of my issues with this and i can close the door after the LIS is done!!
AndreaC
Fibre Addict

Postby clakin1536 » 18 Apr 2013, 09:37

When I found out I had this, first thing I stop eating ALL foods, just lemon water, jello and juice (grape worked for me) the doc. gave me 3 pred. stool softer pill, stool softer powder and this foam $106.00??? The foam had to be insert, ok my butt is already sore so let insert this and make me crazy crying for a hour. I stop that right away!
I've been eating small meals, berries in the morning, lunch is cabbage and dinner has been fish (salmon mostly). Last night I had 3 TSP of brown rice w/my fish and aparagus.
This morning is the 2nd day w/o pain going to the bathroom, my husband high 5 me!!! I've lost over 20lbs which is a good thing, going to keep up w/this diet and the hot baths, husband put a TV in the bathroom so 1/2 of the Big Bang Theory makes all the difference. After the bath I've been using baby powder (lots of it) any that kept me very dry and I really feel it helped more than anything.
clakin1536
Fibre Addict

Postby AndreaC » 18 Apr 2013, 11:30

The Big Bang Theory!! Love it!! I spend alot of my PM in a warm bath, It helps, The fiber pills help alot also except for the GAS!! I am constantly readjusting if i do sit my back is soar from it and my abdomen is even more soar from all the fiber..This is a no win situation..its either dont eat(and i love food) eat bland(im italian i dont know how to eat bland)lol hey if i dont throw out lil comments to make me laugh ill just cry so ...argggg i just need to get fixed..At least i know why the hemroid creams were not working! Baby powder i will be trying that though..Want to know something i realized through this though..I eat standing up all the time because sitting is not comphy for me i rarley sit down because it was never comphy i have been doing this for years..I quit my Bus driving job because i could not stand the pain anymore..NOW IT all makes sence!!!
AndreaC
Fibre Addict