Hello - glad you are here!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hello - glad you are here!

Postby Mrs B » 25 Apr 2013, 09:59

Hello everyone from Newcastle upon Tyne!
I'm in perimenopause and about a year ago I was diagnosed with a fissure and sent home with no advice apart from 'it will clear up', which it didn't. It waxed and waned with bleeding and pain when I went to the loo; finally I was sent for a sigmoidoscopy (lovely!) which revealed piles but nothing more. When the consultant examined me he immediately said the fissure was still present and it was an excruciating examination. I am now on 2% Diliatazem cream and stool softeners; the pain is less but not gone yet. I live in hope!
I am so pleased to have found this support forum! :)
Mrs B

Topics: 1

Re: Hello - glad you are here!

Postby PIA » 25 Apr 2013, 10:10

Image Lovely to meet you Mrs B. sorry they are under these circumstances. I am 5 months on since a fissure forming. This forum has been a fountain of support and information. I am now mostly pain free which would not have been the case if I had not found this site. Take your time to browse through the posts and I am sure you will discover the reasons why your fissure was formed and some tools to heal it. Healing wishes to you ...xx Pia
PIA
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 4

Re: Hello - glad you are here!

Postby marg6043 » 25 Apr 2013, 17:47

Mrs B welcome, I also have found tons of information here to help me cope with my fissure, while my fissure is not gone, is comfortable enough for me to live with it for now.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8