Hi Im New here

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Hi Im New here

Postby marg6043 » 18 Apr 2013, 20:56

AndreaC sorry that you fissure affliction has brought you to this board and into our world of fissure sufferers.
I know the burning and irritation is the worst along with the spams, but one thing that works well for many is lubricating the anal area with Vaseline of baby cream before you have a BM, that minimize the irritation, also the stiz bath after the BM to relax.
Trial and error until you find a way to get some relief, sometimes it will happen fast or sometimes it takes longer depending if your fissure is chronic or recently.
Is a lot of information and suggestions on how to cope with the fissure I hope you find a way to get relief until the problem heal by itself, depending what your doctor recommends.
I wish you a fast healing time.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby AndreaC » 26 Apr 2013, 16:02

Hi all! well today was the surgery and it went without a hitch!! It was quick and easy! I went in at 6:15 was on the table for 7:15 was in recovery by 8:00 and on my couch by 9:00 am!! I woke up feeling like a new person( with gauze stuffed up my rear) I came home and slept most of the day drank a lot of water and at 5:30 had to go to the bathroom! It did not hurt much and the gauze is gone now! I have to tell you that this day went ALOT smoother then I could have EVER IMAGINED! I took a quick bath so I made sure my bum is clean and I'm going to couch it for the rest of the nt! Ill take my ib proffin for pain cause they said the pain meds could stop me up and I'm NOT taking that chance AT ALL! I'm hoping that the next few days go this well. I'm hoping this is not cause of the shots they gave me earlier and the pain will start later or Tom! I want to thank you guys for being AWSOME and helping me through the past 2 weeks of HELL! Ill keep you updated on my progress
Xo andreaC
AndreaC
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Ceeteefeebs » 26 Apr 2013, 22:09

Andrea, this is really encouraging to hear! Keep us posted on how you're doing. I'm scheduled to have LIS surgery on Monday, and I'm really anxious. I hope you're still feeling well! Can I ask a couple TMI questions? Was it difficult to pass the gauze? How painful was your BM post-op compared to pre-op? And the blood question: has there been much of it? I'm really worried about that.
Ceeteefeebs
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby AndreaC » 27 Apr 2013, 09:34

2nd day post op--DOING GREAT I am gassy im assuming from yestorday and the fact that itake fiber pills! No it was not dofficult at all i was really worred it would be but to be honest it happened so fast and i felt a lil burning and alot of gas and stuff came out along w mucas n i guess other stuff that was in there! BM BEFORE HAND WERE PAINFULL and i tryed to wait to the last min to go! Not much blood at all for me BUT everybody is different! Over all i feel good today but the real test will be sitting in car, office sitting in general!! I have been on the couch the past day laying down.. Have a bridal shower today ill let iu know how that goes!
AndreaC
Fibre Addict

Postby AndreaC » 28 Apr 2013, 08:46

Ok day 3 and no bm since DAY 1 taking stool softner and fiber pills drinking loads of water passing lots of gas mo poop!! Is this ok?
AndreaC
Fibre Addict