Burning/Itching pain right after LIS

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Burning/Itching pain right after LIS

Postby howtobepositive » 02 May 2013, 22:13

I had my LIS this past Tuesday and its only been a little more than 48 hours but I have a constant burning/itching kind of pain, more a discomfort all over the anus but more on the other side from where the incision is. It is not as bad as when I used to get spasms and the AF was at its peak but pretty similar to the discomfort I had going into LIS at which point I was about 75% healed with minimal spasming due to regular use of NTG.
Is this normal/expected? Is there something I can do about it? Wondering if I should be concerned and going back to the surgeon or is this just part of the recovery?
Also, for those who have successfully healed from LIS, did you continue to use NTG or any other ointment after the LIS. Right now I feel like using it to get rid of the discomfort but I was told not to.....
howtobepositive
Salt Bather

Topics: 20

Re: Burning/Itching pain right after LIS

Postby owmybum » 03 May 2013, 05:24

Maybe you could give your surgeons office a call... Just to be on the safe side.
You could always try some baby's bum cream or coconut oil in the mean time to try and soothe the area...... Or maybe some ice??
Sorry I'm not much help... I've not had the surgery myself!
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby suzyljank » 03 May 2013, 05:35

Hi, don't panic this can happen. I had a double advancement flap 1 week ago today and it sometimes burns like the devil. I describe it to my husband that it feels like I'm sitting on hot charcoal sometimes. I'm not allowed to put anything on it because I have two skin donor sites that were left open, but you might be able to use calmoseptine. It's a cream with menthol in it and it feels really cool and soothing when applied, but check with your CRS first. As far as itching goes well that's normal too. Sometimes you can use an anti yeast medication for that. Try to keep the area dry. If you're having a lot of drainage change your dressing often. And congrats on your surgery, now you're on the road to recovery and that's a great place to be. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby howtobepositive » 04 May 2013, 00:21

\Thanks for the replies guys. Its actually not that bad, I dont have to take pain millers or anything but its just that I was expecting all the symptoms to disappear after the LIS and they havent so just wondering :roll:
Where Im at is a public health care system and the docs dont really answer anything over the phone so I will just wait a few days and go see my GP if its still bothering me and try to get a cream or something. Hopefully it isnt anything serious though and yeah cant wait till Im symptom and sufferring free!!
howtobepositive
Salt Bather

Topics: 20