Total Pain Solution

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Total Pain Solution

Postby momof7 » 15 May 2013, 07:37

Been away from the boards for a couple weeks. The new $$$$ medication is working wonderfully. Most of the time I feel normal, some of the time I feel true discomfort, and occasionally I feel pain. Along with 3/4 of standard does of Miralax daily, and 5mg valium at bedtime only, I am extremely pleased with the results. The medication is applied topically 3-4 times a day. I try to only use it 2 times, and sometimes I apply a small (half an english pea) amount then apply my nifed/lidocaine. Trying to stretch it out. This medication works best when massaged into the sphincter for about a minute. Sometimes it stings a little bit when applied, but that is nothing compared to the severe burning we know too well around here.
The specialty compounding pharmacy website: https://www.totalpainrx.com/story.php
If you are interested, have your doctor contact the pharmacy directly. I do not have any information on the amounts of medication included in the emollient base. I do know these are powerful drugs. If I use too much, I know it. If I stoop then stand back up too quickly, I feel faint (like pregnancy blood pressure drops). Other than that, I have been extremely pleased. It does not impair my ability to drive.
ingredients:
ketamine - dissociative anesthetic used primarily in pediatric and veterinary anesthesia
baclofen - muscle relaxer and an antispastic agent
bupivacaine - local anaesthetic, used as a nerve block, commonly administered in an epidural
cyclobenzaprine - skeletal muscle relaxant (flexeril)
diclofenac - nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug used to treat pain and inflammation
gabapentin - seizure medication, also commonly used for neuropathic pain
nifedipine - calcium channel blocker to help relax smooth muscle tissue
emollient base (does not appear to be petroleum based--not vaseline)
momof7
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Re: Total Pain Solution

Postby momof7 » 15 May 2013, 07:46

The price of the medication varies based on your insurance, your copays, and if you are uninsured. The American medical system is so defunct. Getting a straight answer about the cost of the medication is difficult.
momof7
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Re: Total Pain Solution

Postby jr2 » 15 May 2013, 19:10

momof7
So glad to see an update and hear you are making progress! Image
Thank you for coming back and posting the compounded medication you are using. I hope you'll keep us updated (and hope that you have continued success!)
jr2

Topics: 15