3 small fissures, recovery in 4 weeks

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

3 small fissures, recovery in 4 weeks

Postby shaji710 » 18 May 2013, 08:20

I think my fissure got almost healed. It is 3 small fissures, it took about 4 weeks to heal after the first(and hopefully last) bleeding. Details are below, sorry if I include too much details.I got plenty of good information from this site.
March 29,30,31- I got Brochitis(that turned out to Pretosis like Cough), took antibiotic for 3 days.
on 31 or so, I had alarge difficult to pass BM, it slightly hurts. But there was no bleeding or severe pain.
April 1- 14 - There was slight tightness(and sore) during BM and slight discomfort while sitting,
I was precautious about the issue, because I got a small fissure 4 months ago after when I took antibiotic.
But I did not change my diet altogether, instead started consuming prunes,figs soaked overnight etc. But It did not help much.
April 17 - Bleeding during BM, but not much pain. Could not properly pass stools. Took enema(saline)
and went to the GI. Luckily I got immediate appointment and Doctor insisted me to take one more enema
there(for nothing). He did proctoscopy, it hurted much, but it was over in few minutes.
Dr. told me it is 3 small internal fissures in front side(near to pelvis), He prescribed MuccoFalc
(psyllium based) and DILTIAZEM cream.
April 18 - I took a off , stayed at home.No severe pain, but could pass only pass small portion
of stools, did BM 4 or more very small stools. I think it was due to the tight anal sphinster muscle.
April 19- BM did not improve, Discomfort while sitting and slight pain. Counting hours in office to return back
to home.
April 20,21- I took only little food due to the issues in BM. BM did not improve much, could only pass
small stools.
April 21,22-BM did not improve, Started using Squating position (Actually I used this position in Indian closets
before coming to Germany. There was no European closet in my old house in India. But things changed in India too.
Newly contstructed houses dont have Indian closets nowadays).
April 23- Bought an enema, decided to use next day if things did not improve
April 24- Luckly I could pass a soft bulky stools with out hurting fissure.
April 24- May 4 some times intial part of stool is hard for the fissure but then soft bulky stools.
slight discomfort when sitting after BM(only about 4 hrs, after BM)
May 5- May 12 pain free BMs, but slight discomfort when sitting(only for 4hrs, after BM ).
jogged 5km two days after a long break of 6 weeks.
May 13- May 18 BM is not painful, only slight sensation after BM.
But nowadays I have issues with too much stomach gas, I hope it will reduce once I stop Psyllium.
I think following things might have helped
- DILTIAZEM cream
- Squating position
- fibere rich diets figs soaked in water overnight and consuming as first thing, oatmeal (linseeds for
additional fiber)
- one or two teaspoon of olive oil before a meal(or mixed with)
- lubricating with coconut oil before BM
- psyllium husk(but it produces too much gas in stomach?)
- brown rice with cooked vegitables or spinach( white race(parboiled) was my major staple diet,
I changed to brown rice during this period)
- Dieting (Fruits, cooked vegitables, brown rice, wholemeal bread with lineseed)
-2 literes of water
shaji710

Topics: 1

Re: 3 small fissures, recovery in 4 weeks

Postby Ever the Optimist » 19 May 2013, 14:48

Shaji10,
Great news you found this site and it has provided you with so much help in your recovery and that you both diagnosed the fissures and acted so quickly - I think that it major!
I can only echo everything you have used in your recovery, having used pretty much all the same stuff as you too - only my healing took quite a lot longer!
Diltiazem was a MAJOR help in the healing process of my fissure too and it's great to read someone who has also been helped immensely by it.
All the very best to you in the future - May it be fissure-free happily ever after!! Image
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again