Anal fissure diary [Levelworm]

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Anal fissure diary [Levelworm]

Postby levelworm » 28 May 2013, 10:27

Tuesday, May 28, 2013
I have had this fissure for 2+ years and it comes back every 2 months after 1 month of healing. But the recent one does not heal for 2 months (started from ear April) so I guess it's not a bad idea to record everything I do on a daily or bi-daily basis.
-Breakfast(7:30): Cooked vegetable with 2 pieces of whole wheat bread (slightly toasted in olive oil) and some smoked turkey breast.
-BM (around 8:15): I planned to walk for 20 mins before BM but it came quickly so I went to the toilet after applying vaseline around and in my anus. Usually, from my experience, if the "feeling" for a BM is very strong, it's usually bad. My stool was the usual hard-soft combination and today was worse as I saw blood on it. Feeling cold and tired after the bath.
-BM (around 9:30): This is what I suspected. When the first BM is bad it usually brings a second one. And this one is 100% diarrhea. Have to take the bath again the then apply some topic antibiotics (I only use it when there is bleeding).
-Shopping (10:45): Tried to buy an ointment but have to wait for the evening as it was sold out. Bought some pork and some walnut.
-Lunch (12:20): Ate 17 half-pieces of walnut and now eating a can of Sardine. Feeling better now as the anus hurts less.
-After taking a photoshop class in the afternoon, I managed to obtain the ointment in the evening. Dinner is fully cooked vegetable with some pork. Took another shower around 22:00, very itchy after the shower but no more in 15 mins.
levelworm
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: Anal fissure diary [Levelworm]

Postby levelworm » 29 May 2013, 06:27

Wednesday, May 29, 2013
-2:30 Woke up because of the itching. Very weird as I haven't had itching during sleep for a while, dunno why. Get up at 7:30
-8:00 Breakfast: cooked vegetable with turkey ham. Decide not to take the probiotics until noon. Waiting for the BM.
-8:30 BM comes. This time it's easier and there is no blood. I applied nifedipine before the BM and after the shower. Actually I should discard the nifedipine at May/22 but decided to give it a try. Will ask for more "fresh" ones tomorrow. I'm not sure if I will have a second diarrhea-like BM this morning. Let's see.
levelworm
Fibre Addict

Postby levelworm » 30 May 2013, 06:59

Thursday, May 30, 2013
-8:15 BM comes, first part is very hard to get out, the rest is OK, but I noticed that it's about half of the usual amount. Very frustrated and have no idea why the first part is ALWAYS hard+small and have to push for 15-20 mins. Probably will have a second BM today.
-11:00 Went to see the doctor, said that I can use some supporteries to soften the tip of the stool, did not recommend increasing the number of BM. But I do hope that I can have 2 BM daily. Still waiting for the 2nd BM. Decided to exercise more daily, given the weather permits.
-12:40 Second BM came. Constipation AGAIN! Very astonishing as I rarely have two constipation for a day. Totally have no idea as I haven't changed the diet or anything else. Good side is that there is no bleeding so it does not itch too much (itching persists though, for 5 -10 mins after the shower)
I'm now seriously considering taking a 30mins' walk after dinner and sleep earlier and get up before 7:00 to walk for another 15-20 mins.
levelworm
Fibre Addict

Postby levelworm » 31 May 2013, 06:33

Friday, May 31, 2013
-7:30 First BM. The suppository is useful as the first part of the stool passes without too much trouble (although still has a dark and hard looking). The second part is also hard so it took me 5 mins to push it out and the last part is a bit diarrhea(ate too much cashew last night, I assume). Anyway it's better than yesterday and the itching stayed for around 5 mins (can still feel it now but not severe) so I assume that the more normal the stool is the less itching I'd feel.
The best thing about today is that I finish everything (breakfast+bm+shower at 8:15) so it shows that the anal fissure does not intefere (too much) with my daily schedule if I have a job, considering that usually it takes around 1 hour for commute. I'll see if I can get up at 7:00 and get everything done at 8:00-8:05 to save more time. My ultimate goal is to get up at 6:30 so that I can get some exercise in the morning before the BM.
levelworm
Fibre Addict

Postby levelworm » 01 Jun 2013, 05:41

Sat, June 01, 2013
-7:15 Got up early because of the hot weather and first BM came at 7:30. Still constipated at the front but seems to be OK because of the suppository. I'm not feeling very well so there might be another BM and it probably will be diarrhea. Also decide not to eat too much walnut/cashew/brazil nut as they may be the cause of constipation and diarrhea. Will limit to 100g daily.
-9:00 Second BM, diarrhea but not serious. I think the fissure is healing but the two small hemorroids are annoying as they make the stool difficult to pass. Will have them checked and cut off if neccesary after a couple of months. Really have to limit the intake of nuts as yesterday I probably ate 1 lb of nuts with makes the second BM.
levelworm
Fibre Addict

Postby levelworm » 02 Jun 2013, 07:28

Sunday, June 02, 2013
- Forgot to set the clock so got up at 8:30. Took breakfast immediately and got first BM around 9:00. Better than the last week as it is quick and less pain (still have some pain now). The color and composition of the stool seem to be better, too. Could have another BM, not sure though as the amount seemed to be "sufficient". Itching as well, but a bit less I think?
levelworm
Fibre Addict

Postby levelworm » 03 Jun 2013, 08:12

Monday, June 03, 2013
- I probably ate too much nuts yesterday (really need to watch that) so I got more constipated. But generally speaking today's BM was not too bad. I'm not sure what to do now besides of waiting for it to heal completely.
levelworm
Fibre Addict

Postby levelworm » 06 Jun 2013, 08:15

Thursday, June 06, 2013
- Yesterday I had a very difficult BM and today it is also difficult and I see a lot of blood. Sigh, have no idea what to do and maybe it's better not to eat anything for a couple of days?
My Diet: Broccoli, Shanghai Bai choi, Lettuce, canned sardine, egg. Plan to buy more chicken breast. Eliminated nuts from my diet. Also stopped taking Probiotics.
levelworm
Fibre Addict

Postby levelworm » 07 Jun 2013, 08:41

Friday, June 07, 2013
- The dried prunes work. I now swing from constipation to diarrhea. I still consider it as a good thing as it's mostly type 5 and 6 on the Bristol table which is definitely better than type 1 and 2. I'll eliminate apricot and focus on the prunes from now on. But maybe I should not eat prunes in the evening. I'll eat one dried prune with the breakfast and the lunch and none after. I wish I could find a milder natural softener.
levelworm
Fibre Addict

Postby levelworm » 08 Jun 2013, 07:50

Saturday, June 08, 2013
- It swings back to constipation today, not as serious as Thursday(especially the tip is easy to get out) but still constipation. Maybe I should take more prunes after all? Confused. I'll increase the amount to 5 today. (suddenly recalled that at Thursday I not only ate 5 prunes but also 5 dried apricots)
levelworm
Fibre Addict