Will this ever End??3 years now

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Will this ever End??3 years now

Postby splinterboy1984 » 02 Jun 2013, 05:02

Hi all, wanted to introduce myself after reading this forum for the last year or so. Ive been dealing with this AF stuff for 3 years now. It all started in july 2010 when i was eating poorly and was extremely stressed out (at my job) and i had a hard bm and started this hellhole journey. never had any problems there in my life. tried to treat in on my own for the next six months but then got another fissure in feb 2011. Then i went into super mode and did everything, mirilax magnesium sitz bath, and low fiber (yes low fiber not high fiber) and this fixed my fissure problems until septermber i got another one. Was devastated and tired but this fissure wasnt too painful so i just started to live with it and life went on. about a few months back my mother passed away and i think the stress caused another 2 fissures. My main problem now is not hard stool but the fact that my splinter seems too tight and narrow now. Thinking of finally going to doctor and get some rectiv. Please pray for me. Thanks for all the support and thanks to this forum. I hope rectiv or nifidine helps me but i have a feeling i am in this for life. Image
splinterboy1984
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Re: Will this ever End??3 years now

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 02 Jun 2013, 14:41

Hi splinterboy,
Your symptoms sound very like mine now I don't have passing glass pain while passing BM but feels like sphincter is too tight to let it out then horrible pain that lasts all day. Have you seen a CRS at anytime or have you just been dealing with it yourself? You need to get to dr ASAP.
I've had 2 rounds of Botox but back in same situation 1 yr later I'm having LIS on 12th June I'm terrified but looking forward to an end to this.
Sorry that your mum died 😒 I hope that you get some relief soon. Take care 😊
Deleted User 2543

Postby splinterboy1984 » 02 Jun 2013, 15:59

Hi edel thanks for replying, i am only 29 years old but Ive dealt with many issues in life including pain but this one takes a emotional toll on you. I have not been to a crs thinking i already know what he is going to say, I am terified of surgery like you but i have a feeling its the only way out. I wish you lots of luck. God help us all AF sufferers.
splinterboy1984
Salt Bather

Postby Savaici » 02 Jun 2013, 17:50

Hi there splinterboy1984,
So sorry you lost your mum. Always so hard losing someone.
I have also been living with this for going on 3 years. It could be scar tissue that has made your spincter too tight,
but unless you see a colon and rectal surgeon (CRS), you
will really not know what is going on for sure or the
solution.
Hope you will make an appointment soon and let us know how it goes. Always here to answer questions and help you through things.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby splinterboy1984 » 02 Jun 2013, 19:38

Hi Savaici, thanks for reply, Its so hard becuase no one understands your pain, even the ones you love think your crazy...its sad. I keep reliving the day this happened and wish i could change it somehow. Please god heal us all. I used to be a fun loving guy now i am always depressed and thinking negative all the time. Savaici have you tried any creams (nitro etc?), are you thinking surgery? The weird thing about my fissures is that all of them happen on one side the other side is perfectly fine.
splinterboy1984
Salt Bather

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 03 Jun 2013, 16:03

Hi again,
It sure does take emotional toll on you nobody really understands how bad the pain is. You really need to see a CRS get started on treatment. They will probably start you on creams first. I used nitro it didn't really help so went to Botox but here I am again heading for surgery 😁.
Try not to feel so down, there is help out there. I find reading other stories on this forum a great help some really lift your spirits.
Take care 😊
Deleted User 2543

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 03 Jun 2013, 16:10

Anal fissures can occur at any age and have equal gender distribution. Most (85-90%) fissures occur in the posterior (back) midline of the anus with about 10-15% occurring in the anterior (front) midline. A small number of patients may actually have fissures in both the front and the back locations. Fissures located elsewhere (off to the side) should raise suspicion for other diseases (see below) and will need to be examined further.

I thought this would answer your question about why your fissures are in one side 😊
Deleted User 2543