LIS yikes!!!! & I'M HEALED yippee

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS yikes!!!! & I'M HEALED yippee

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 14 Jun 2013, 12:40

:Rock:Hi all, 
Well I survived & can't believe it's over. I only got home today I had bad reaction to anesthetic & blood pressure was very low so they kept me for 2 nights.  I was so sick I thought I'd never get better. Well I did 😊. 
Anyway I had what was discussed sphinteretomy, fissurectomy & tag removal. I was so drugged up hadn't much pain at all & pain now is very manageable. I had my first BM this morning in the hospital so glad I was there for that. I sat on toilet terrified but it just fell out no pain at all I couldn't believe it. I had to text my hubby right away to tell him lol. The clean up after is hard enough as I have some stitches & it's sore. I bought a shitz bath from amazon that's sits on the loo (thanks to Rachael) it's been a godsend when cleaning after BM. My BM are quite loose as my diet is very light last few days but I don't mind that. 
I find sitting upright a bit sore so & I walk funny, in time I'm sure it will get easier. 
Thank you to everyone for helping me get through this, really you are all so kind & understanding with problems of your own & still have time to help others. 
Deleted User 2543

Postby marg6043 » 14 Jun 2013, 13:16

Edel94, glad to know you are doing fine, sorry about the side effects of the anesthesia, hopefully you are now on your road to recovery and things will be easy now.Image
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby Ever the Optimist » 14 Jun 2013, 14:45

Edel,
Well done on getting your surgery over and done with! and that was a lot!....
Stick with the lighter foods for now - lots of chicken & veg comfort soups, mixed fruit salads and wholegrain toast and keep the stools nice & soft...
Also, stay on top of the pain meds, should pain start to kick in and just rest up as much as you can with lots of nice warm baths (when/ if you are allowed)
Here's to the start of your healing and recovery! and hopefully after a few weeks, you really will be back on track again. Wishing you nothing but the best Image
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby owmybum » 15 Jun 2013, 01:05

Hey Edel...... So sorry to hear about your bad reaction.. I was like that last time I had anaesthetic.... But sooo glad you are home and managing your pain well.
Here's to us both recovering and healing well!!!
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby owmybum » 15 Jun 2013, 04:25

Edel94" I bought a shitz bath" from amazon that sits on the loo" ha ha.... That gave me a chuckle!! Image
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 15 Jun 2013, 08:20

Thanks everyone 😊,
still doing great really pleased with things. BM today still no pain yeah. I'm very sore where tag was removed its so difficult to clean takes me about half hr. 
OMB LOL i hadn't realised i spelt sitz (shitz) that way lol I'm laughing so hard here ha ha
It's on my mind all the time Image
Happy healing x
Deleted User 2543

Postby GeorgeTheCatMan » 15 Jun 2013, 18:26

Hello Edel, I hope that your recovery continues to go well.  Best wishes.
GeorgeTheCatMan
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby torninhell » 17 Jun 2013, 00:28

owmybum wrote:Edel94" I bought a shitz bath" from amazon that sits on the loo" ha ha.... That gave me a chuckle!! Image

That gave me a chuckle too! That didn't help my pain at all but it was a nice break from crying my eyes out.
Edel94 congratulations on getting your surgery done and over with, I hope you do end up healing 100%! And may a fissure never happen to you again. :)
torninhell
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby owmybum » 17 Jun 2013, 03:04

How are you Edel???
OMB x
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
owmybum

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 17 Jun 2013, 04:05

Thanks again guys:heart:,
Day 5 and i'm still doing great no pain on BM but it is a bit loose and im terrified to cut back on my movicol id rather have it than the pain killers. My diet is very light, soups, veg, chicken and brown bread.
The pain i have is a different kind of pain its like a bruised, stingy, sore feeling like stitches been pulled, not intense like it was before. Sitting upright is the hardest and walking is still a bit uncomfortable. I have a bit of pinkish blood still leaking no poop leaking tg for that. I had a look with a mirror and i have a hard lump where tag was stitches either side of it i hope this lump is normal. Its all a bit swollen i suppose.
I use the sitz bath (shitz im still laughing)  highly recommend for those of you finding it hard to get in and out of the bath like i do with a bad back.
I still take all the drugs prescribed and will continue until i heal some more terrified of pain.
Thats me for now i hope you all heal soon too x
Deleted User 2543