Finally Broken

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Finally Broken

Postby Rachael 1984 » 16 Jun 2013, 07:28

I too had a breakdown... But with the kind support from people on this forum, and my Family and friends, i did crawl out of the black hole i was in.I took Sertraline AD'S too, which i still currently take. They help reduce the Anxiety and stress i suffer from this Fissure hell. I didn't want to get out of bed, and i cried and cried for hours with the pain. Prior to Botox(which i had 10 weeks ago), i was a total wreck.It is so good to talk to people who understand the pain and agony these monsters cause.My poor sis in law is also suffering, she has 4 Fissures and growths. We often have a bum rant over the telephone, and we do feel a lot better after this!!! I hope that you can reach a decision soon on what to do.Please don't give up hope, there will be a solution...... If you look at my avatar, it just represents how i feel, just like i have a bag over my head, and i cannot take it off until these Fissures leave forever!!!
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby suzyljank » 16 Jun 2013, 07:57

Hi woundedspirit, your story is similar to mine. I too had a hemorrhoidectomy over 20 years ago. I got my first noticable fissure over 10 years ago. It healed but my second one didn't. I had LIS and I also fell into that 10% that it didn't work for. I struggle 5 more years until I just couldn't take it anymore. I finally went back to my CRS. My hemmie surgery and the LIS and the tearing and healing and retearing of my fissure left me with severe anal stenosis. 7 weeks ago I had a double advancement flap to remove the scar tissue around my butt and replace it with healthy tissue. It's not the most pleasant surgery and recovery is long but it's an option for stenosis or fissures that will  not heal. I'm doing good.  I have to take care of myself, avoiding constipation is number 1. I take less than a dose of miralax at bedtime and try to drink more fluids daily. I have fiber in my diet but I don't over do it. I basically eat what I want to. I still have a ways to go but that's alright. Don't give up, have you considered seeing another CRS for a second opinion? It might be worth a try. I wish you all the best, I know how frustrating this condition can be. Take care of yourself . Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby woundedspirit » 16 Jun 2013, 08:20

I can totally relate about the bag!!  I am so sorry your sister-in-saw has to experience this too. So true about having loving people in your life to support you. Sometimes just knowing that they care is enough. ( and I know sometimes it isn't) I have seen compassion, strength and kindness from my husband through this showing me a depth of love I never knew. I won't give up trying to heal and trying to live a quality life with peace in my heart. And because of kind people like I see here such as yourself and others who respond to a cry for help, who are willing to share their story, relate good information and give heartfelt encouragement,  I think I will be better able to do that.
Hemorrhoid Surgery
Scar Tissue
2 Anal Fissures
Failure of All Topical Treatments
Failed LIS
[size=85]EUA and Fissurectomy
Hoping to avoid Flap Surgery
woundedspirit
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby woundedspirit » 16 Jun 2013, 09:09

Suzy, good to hear from someone with a similar story. Such good information. Makes me think of some questions. Did you ever have a 2nd LIS?  I am going to look up "double advancement flap" as I am not familiar with that. I have you in my prayers right now as you continue to heal from this proceedure! Would you say it is worse than healing from a hemorrhoidectomy?
Yes, all the docs say increase the fiber, some up to 30 grams a day, but I found this made things worse. Fiber yes but for sure don't overdo.
I am going to seek another opinion as you have suggested.  I have often thought - why wouldn't a temporary colostomy, which would allow the anus to rest and heal with no "traffic" be considered? This has never been presented as an option - maybe because it has not been long enough and I still may have a chance to heal. It seems drastic but if it were effective it may be worth it as long as it was only temporary. Like you say, the #1 goal of my entire life is to avoid constipation.  I do get weary of it all, watching every bite of food, did I drink enough fluid today and my huge fear of falling asleep on the couch or something one night without taking taking my Miralax or forgetting to take it before I go to bed.
I am glad that you can eat what you want to.  Last fall I stopped eating anything but fruits and vegetables and got very skinny. But it made no difference so I now have some of my favorites like oatmeal cookies and juice bars. I endulge my self by allowing cake at a party and other treats on holiday weekends and double up on the miralax. There is enjoyment is eating and so much of our lives are focused around the preparation and sharing of food.
I have tears in eyes right now thinking of you and the road you have walked before me. I can only speculate on what the future holds for me, but I know it is possible it could be similar to yours as I believe the keloids are causing some slight stenosis already.  You have dealt with this a long time and are still gracious enough to offer encouragement and information to me . Thank you and please keep me posted on your recovery. I will keep you in my prayers. I am glad to know you are doing good.
Hemorrhoid Surgery
Scar Tissue
2 Anal Fissures
Failed LIS
woundedspirit
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby woundedspirit » 16 Jun 2013, 09:36

Sorry for the long posts. I guess i just have held it all in for so long its all pouring out. Your patience with this newbie is much appreciated.
Hemorrhoid Surgery
Scar Tissue
2 Anal Fissures
Failed LIS
woundedspirit
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Please go-away! » 16 Jun 2013, 13:58

Hay wounded spirit remember your the best...Image 
I re-tore my fissure, due to being intubated. and placed in a coma for 11 days from a throat closing issue.  (with all the med's, profafal (drugs they gave me)
Please be positive,  when I couldn't get better, that was in march,I decided to go for a colonoscopy..I"m 51 year old female..they discovered diverticulosis, (I have IBS) hemies and a fissure.
I have gone through hell and back..and back into emergency two days ago,,Please be strong and remember this is the greatest place to scream,Image    and vent:butthurts: and I have checked out other sites out there..This is the best, Don't know where I would be with out every one here.  Ex specially as we heal. Alot of great info on this site.
Please be positive WS, you will get through it.. my doctor calls it a state of remission.
ImageImage
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby woundedspirit » 17 Jun 2013, 05:52

Thanks for the encouragement! Feeling better. Sounds as though you have really been through it. I like your screaming smiley face. It was about what I looked like Saturday night!!
Hemorrhoid Surgery
Scar Tissue
2 Anal Fissures
Failed LIS
woundedspirit
Proctosphincteranalogist