Support and Encouragement

We would love to hear your comments, and any suggestions you might have for the Forum. Feel free to tell us what you think!!

Return to Comments, Suggestions and Ideas

Re: Support and Encouragement

Postby Jo » 10 Aug 2008, 20:20

I know I was too embarrassed to tell people what I had surgery for when they asked. And then all the problems after hemmie surgery, developing fissures and terrible spasm pain. I didn't feel comfortable telling many that I knew so it was great to find this board. I think my husband got tired of hearing of all the butt problems too.
Thanks everyone for making it so great here.
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Please go-away! » 08 Jun 2013, 11:37

I really need every ones suggestions, whats the best choice? I have a wedding to go to ( my niece's wedding) this Sunday at about 5:00 p.m. Go, don't go..I'm lost. The pain, standing, sitting..it doesn't matter,it hurts.
Now today is Saturday..I last ate yesterday..the BM with spot bleeding plus pain for several hours later, I'm sure you all know the agonizing drill.
I still get some pain, spasms, gas and its hard to stand or walk because of where the fissure is (at the 5:00 position).
My brother said, "If you can't go, then you can't, you will have to play it by ear". It breaks my heart,and wright now the tears are falling. Relatives are coming in to town (its my older sisters daughter that's getting married)this morning or have arrived.
I'm just so lost..don't know what to to do..My family are asking me , are you going, will you be well enough. I can't see my self sitting at my table (on an angle. to try to get comfortable) and only having chicken soup. That's why I'm trying not to eat today only, almond milk, teas, chicken broth and lots of water. It hurts to say I may not be able to go..Please..what to to do..
I'm so torn ed up..No pun intended..I can't type any more, between all the tears and I have to lay down now.
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby Savaici » 08 Jun 2013, 16:43

So sorry that you are in so much pain. It can sometimes feel as if it's more than we can cope with, and those days can be often.
You sound as if you have a lovely family, and one that will understand your situation. Personally, I would go, and if you can't see it through to the end, just explain the
situation to your nearest and dearest, and go home. Even a little time spent there will I am sure be appreciated by the bride and groom.
Best wishes, and we are here for you. Image
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Please go-away! » 09 Jun 2013, 06:40

Thank you Savaici.. I'm going to try and clean up now, take a shower and get ready. My brother will be taking most of the clan. Have to be at the hall by 3:00 for pictures.
The pain is just a low throb, I think I can tolerate it and I will just stick with liquids for now and eat lite at the wedding. maybe an small egg, scrambled( I prefer egg whites) before, I will see.
It seems with all of our conditions its a I will see moment..maybe in an hour..lol..oh my Image well its good to laugh a bit. thank you agian and take care Image
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Postby momof7 » 09 Jun 2013, 08:54

Hope you get to enjoy the wedding. If not, don't feel guilty. please. You did not choose to be in this torment.
momof7
Salt Bather

Topics: 6

Postby Please go-away! » 10 Jun 2013, 08:42

momof7 wrote:Hope you get to enjoy the wedding. If not, don't feel guilty. please. You did not choose to be in this torment.

I know and thank you..luckily I did enjoy it..and no pain..had the broth soup and a veggie plate..avoided the other rich foods. thanks again.
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Postby Please go-away! » 17 Jun 2013, 17:43

I cant say it enough ..this is the best support forum out there..it has helped me through many dire moments as it has helped us all.
Luv , luv it here and every one toooo!
Image:
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Postby owmybum » 18 Jun 2013, 03:23

Me too!!
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Please go-away! » 18 Jun 2013, 16:10

Do you ever wonder how every one got /chose there online name..for example, when I was a little girl, when I would get scared (like a boogie man under my bed or scrape on my knee), my mom would say, " repeat after me, say five times, Please go away" and the bogie man would go away and then she would hug me.
Some online names are simple and that's OK, and some are darn right funny.  Things that make you go mmmmmm..WE all need laughter, support and encouragement.
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure