LIS tomorrow morning

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS tomorrow morning

Postby suzyljank » 09 Jun 2013, 17:22

Hi momof. So glad you're doing well. Those stitches are uncomfortable. They drove me crazy. I was glad when my CRS decided to start taking them out in the office. They can pinch and pull and that's normal and sometimes they itch, don't scratch them. Do you have any packing? I'm still wearing gauze between my butt and it can make the area feel raw. I swear the gauze feels like sandpaper sometimes. Glad you got your first bm over. I was really careful too with the pain meds. I didn't want to get constipated either. Now I'm finding the regular dose is too much, I just have to figure out the right dose. Walking without pain will take a little while. I'm 6 weeks out and still walk slow. I actually sat on the floor to play with my dogs and could not figure out how to get up. I finally figured it out but I won't be sitting on the floor again for a little while. I hope you continue to do well and have a speedy recovery. After all the pain and worrying you deserve to get your life back. All the best Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 19 Jun 2013, 03:20

Hi momof7, 
How are you doing? I hope your still recovering? 😊
Deleted User 2543

Postby ravians » 23 Jun 2013, 01:03

hi momof7, glad to hear about ur post surgery experience n that u r healing. I also agree with juls814 that people with bad experience are more inclined to post experience here. n I also agree that as soon as surgery is prescribed it should be done with out wasting a day.
hope that u will b healing n far better than before. stay blessed.
ravians
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3