White sugar VS Brown sugar

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

White sugar VS Brown sugar

Postby Kreaybutt » 10 Jun 2013, 21:49

Is there really a difference? Is brown "healthier" for you? Lately I've been subbing brown sugar for white and wondering if its really any better. Why exactly is sugar constipating? It's literally in everything! How much is too much? Since I'm on this subject, baked potatoes... Constipating? Thanks!
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 30

Re: White sugar VS Brown sugar

Postby saintkilledher » 11 Jun 2013, 01:24

potato's once cooked loose there fiber content and water content and just become starch...yes i eat alot being a vegan but i know they are just filler and not very nutritous...you cant go past dark leafy greens for nutrition and fiber.
Last edited by saintkilledher on 11 Jun 2013, 05:17, edited 1 time in total.
saintkilledher
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby Savaici » 11 Jun 2013, 04:00

Personally, I eat organic potatoes every day of my life. I am a vegetarian and it is one of the vegetables I enjoy. I am not overweight.
Courtesy of Wikipedia, Kreybutt:
Humans can survive healthily on a diet of potatoes supplemented only with milk or butter, which contain the two vitamins not provided by potatoes (vitamins A and D).[37][38] The potato contains vitamins and minerals, as well as an assortment of phytochemicals, such as carotenoids and natural phenols. Chlorogenic acid constitutes up to 90% of the potato tuber natural phenols. Others found in potatoes are 4-O-caffeoylquinic acid (crypto-chlorogenic acid), 5-O-caffeoylquinic (neo-chlorogenic acid), 3,4-dicaffeoylquinic and 3,5-dicaffeoylquinic acids.[39] A medium-size 150 g (5.3 oz) potato with the skin provides 27 mg of vitamin C (45% of the Daily Value (DV)), 620 mg of potassium (18% of DV), 0.2 mg vitamin B6 (10% of DV) and trace amounts of thiamin, riboflavin, folate, niacin, magnesium, phosphorus, iron, and zinc. The fiber content of a potato with skin (2 g) is equivalent to that of many whole grain breads, pastas, and cereals.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Savaici » 11 Jun 2013, 04:08

The fact that they could be survived on was obviously why the failures of the crop caused such terrible devastation among the Irish in the 19h century.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Kreaybutt » 18 Jun 2013, 22:06

Does anyone know how much sugar we should consume a day? Or how much is too much for us.. I ask because I eat a ton of fruit. I'm also trying to gain weight and really hate to watch my sugar intake. I stay away from pastries and such but I need extra fat!! What is it about sugar that constipates?
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby saintkilledher » 19 Jun 2013, 08:09

We shouldnt eat any processed sugar...fruit is fructose thats completely different.
if you want to gain weight you really have to do weight training and eat a good amount of starch and vegetable fat like seeds nuts avocados and lots of rice both brown and white and potatoes.
If you eat meat trim the fat and eat more fish or skinless chicken.
back on sugar it really is nasty on all levels.
its constipating,ruins the teeth and gums,stops absorbtion of nutrients,alters concentration and can lead to mental disorders
sugar is ageing like no other substance..only alcohol is up there and alcohol is full of sugar.
saintkilledher
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Kreaybutt » 19 Jun 2013, 13:46

Thanks saintkilledher! Good to know I can keep eating my fruits. I eat lots of veggies too and whole grains. Ill add more brown rice to my dinners. White rice doesn't agree with me anymore which sucks cause I love sushi!! I use to eat white rice with everrryything too. Grrr :( don't starches constipate you also though?
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby saintkilledher » 20 Jun 2013, 03:31

yeah to much starch is not a good idea if you bloat easily...wheat is much worse than rice .
I generally eat 4-7 peices of fruit a day and 5 raw veg and some cooked
if constipated you need to drink more water and walk or jump up and down for a few minutes
im  the same love white rice and sushi but it can bloat and bind things up to much
generally if you drink 8 glasses of water and do what i mentioned above you should have easy BM's....medication can cause constipation tho.
saintkilledher
Proctosphincteranalogist