Has this every happened to anyone before???

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Has this every happened to anyone before???

Postby Fissulyna » 19 Dec 2007, 15:46

Georgia Peach you are ; ) !!!!! ??? That is nice state - I have some friends in Atlanta, they like it a lot - except traffic - but I guess there is no big city in USA without bad traffic !!!!
Thanks for the tips : ) ! My biggest fear is actually that since I will just have a sedation, that they will THINK that I don't feel anything but that I WOULD feel and not be able to say it ; (((((. My CRS also said that I should not be afraid of my first BM, that many people are surprised how uneventful it actually is.
You know - BOTH of CRS-s that work there absolutely INSIST that I immediately start eating normal diet and only metamucil is allowed and only twice a day. I can take MOM only if I do not have my BM in 2 days. They said that "that area " must be exercised -period : (. I don't now, we will see I guess.
VERY SOON _ AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!! Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby bherna1 » 19 Dec 2007, 21:29

Lecia
I took a step back this week and bleeding and inflammation came back. Its so weird. I think i am out of the woods and it comes back. I got stressed out and didnt drink water and sat in a Sales meeting for a week. I guess the sitting, food i couldnt eat and no water and alot of stress got the best out of me. I pray one day this thing will go away. I want the surgery but cant do it due to the docs saying if i have IBS i will not make it to the tolit in time enough due to the procedure of cutting the muscle gives you little time to run to the bathroom. I just dont know how long i will have to live with this fissure and abcess? How long have you been living with your fissure? Mine is deep into the canal.
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby juney » 20 Dec 2007, 00:22

johnny - i am almost 3 months out from my second LIS surgery. i'm still not near 100%. i know my situation isn't typical, but i've been doing EVERYTHING right for almost a year now and am not completely healed. i think if the actual fissure site gives you problems, rather than spasms, the LIS doesn't help you heal as quick as it would for someone like Kim who only experienced spasming. for me it's been the external part of the fissure, the part that i can see and that hurts when i poo, that isn't healing.
bherna - as far as having little time to run to the bathroom when i've gotta go, that is not that case at all. i've had 2 LIS surgeries and i have no sense of urgency and no incontinence issues at all. i don't think many people do after surgery. i'm not sure how IBS would affect that but maybe you should consult someone else for their opinion.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Deleted User 5 » 20 Dec 2007, 08:14

bherna - as far as having little time to run to the bathroom when i've gotta go, that is not that case at all. i've had 2 LIS surgeries and i have no sense of urgency and no incontinence issues at all. i don't think many people do after surgery. i'm not sure how IBS would affect that but maybe you should consult someone else for their opinion.
I felt the same way while reading Bernard's post. I was able to "hold it" very well, there was never any urgency that I would not make it to the toilet in time. I would definitely get a second opinion on that. Of course, I can't speak for the IBS.
I did poop in my pants about two days out, but only becuase I had taken laxatives and and got the runs...which I mistook as "wind" and thought I was just f@rting... Telling the difference between loose poop and wind *is* an issue right after the surgery but very transitory. Not even an issue to consider if one wants to heal and get over the AF, I would think.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 20 Dec 2007, 09:13

Bernard,
I had my fissure for 4 months-it was a result of an exteral hemorrhoid excision. But I have had rectal problems for 5 years and understand how down it can make you. There are times when I think very little in my life is ever going to change and I am going to be at the mercy of my butt for the rest of my life. There are times when I think I don't want to live to 70 or 80 if it is going to be like this.

One thing that helps me is to try to control the pain. Maybe you can try taking (4) 200 mg advil 2-3 times a day and see if that helps. I bet your setback was because of your stressful week but I bet you are going to rebound faster.

I don't know about the LIS surgery in your case. I think it could help get more blood flow down there to heal the area but I couldn't have the surgery either because of an underlying medical condition (pudendal neuropathy).

I have wondered about using a hyperbaric chamber that they use for non healing wounds. Though probably not covered by insurance in this case, if you can afford a few sessions maybe that would help.

Sorry. I know how frustrating all of this is. I have about had it myself!!!

Lecia

Postby bherna1 » 20 Dec 2007, 21:26

Thanks for all your comments and understanding.
Take Care
Bernard
bherna1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby buttgirl » 21 Dec 2007, 11:44

Hey Bernard,
Perhaps you should try the botox. It relaxes the sphincter temporarily.
There was a part of the surgical cut that was quite deep on me and it was the last bit to heal. Infact, it kept getting reinjured because it was on the front lines, so to speak. The botox really helped that in about 2 weeks. I haven't had any pain in that place since that time.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67