8 foods that heal anal fissures

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: 8 foods that heal anal fissures

Postby saintkilledher » 18 Jun 2013, 03:05

its also about foods that are not good for fissures/IBS/Intestines...dry foods according to the chinese infame the bodies tissue..oily and spicey foods chips and processed cereals/meats are all dry/heat foods....foods that draw out the heat from the intestines and bodies tissue are cucumbers carrots pears banana's apples honey and herbal tea's..when you eat cooked vegetables or meat is says always eat raw vegetables and a herbal tea with it to draw out the heat.
saintkilledher
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Postby Please go-away! » 10 Jul 2013, 19:29

I know how you all feel, I can talk to one sister but not the other, what can they do for me when I'm crying to them and in pain , and when the pain has eased off, its so great to have this place to lean back on..Image 
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby Just 'Pain' Tired » 10 Jul 2013, 23:24

It's much more helpful to discuss on this board than with family. Hopefully most of your relatives haven't lived through this hell!! I want to say, regarding diet, that eggs haven't been a problem at all for me.  They are a great source of protein and easy to digest.  I usually have them with a piece of high-fiber toast and my little bit of Metamucil.  Another idea, saute veggies in olive oil and then add eggs to make a frittata.  Too many eggs with white toast and cheese--now look out!  And, as others have said, you have to figure out your particular problem foods and safe foods.  I just got reminded about the opposite diet, the BRAT diet for people with diarrhea (bananas, rice, apples and toast).  I hope I got that right about apples. So you should avoid those. Except-- I have an apple almost everyday and again, not constipating or irritating for me.  Another important point is to consider ratio of soluble to insoluble fiber (see various posts on here about that).  You can eat well and wisely while recovering from these damn AF's . :D
Just 'Pain' Tired
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby mellisajoan » 14 Jul 2013, 23:05

splinterboy2013 wrote:crime of passion, please include olive oil in your diet i have also dropped 25 pounds in the last 3 years of this fissure episode and i just started doing like 3 table spoons of olive oil, its healthy and it gives an extra 400 calories per day. try it . get cold pressed extra virgin olive oil only.

Hey, that's right I'm using it since few months and yes I dropped my weight up to 20 pounds, I wish if had used it earlier then I would not have at this stage today with a fatty look,, that my friends making fun of me,, but still I ignore them,,
olive leaf extract benefits
Last edited by mellisajoan on 05 Aug 2013, 04:30, edited 3 times in total.
mellisajoan

Postby Please go-away! » 15 Jul 2013, 14:42

Good for you Mell, you don't need that,(irritating friends) but you do need the good fats like avocados, pure virgin olive oil and coconut oil, Because we tend to loose weight due too these darn fissures and the fear of a BM.
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Postby Just 'Pain' Tired » 15 Jul 2013, 22:31

About olive oil; I wouldn't like to swallow a tablespoon at a time but I use it all the time for cooking veggies.  For example, I will saute veggies and then add left-over protein and rice--it makes a digestible, filling meal and gets that healthy oil down.  For breakfast I will saute veggies in olive oil and then make an egg frittata (served with high-fiber toast). Or put olive tapenade on a piece of whole wheat pita for a snack/light meal.  One day there will be a cooking channel for the AF sufferers!  Best of luck!
Just 'Pain' Tired
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Please go-away! » 16 Jul 2013, 20:23

Some days I will warm up a glass of water(hot enough to drink) and add a splash of the olive oil with a sprinkle of Apple cider vinegar, very good for you(before breakfast or before bed).
My Doctor recommended it for me, it doesn't taste bad at all.
You prepare and cook your foods exactly Like i do, I love sauteing my veggies in the Olive oil or coconut oil, sometimes I will add the cooked quinia grain, it's a great soluble grain..yum. Even though I'm healed now I still got to watch what I eat.:D because I still have Diverticulitis and IBS.
You know j.p.t that would be a great idea, a cooking channel for people with Colon issues like: IBS. fissures, Crohn's. Diverticulosis and other related health issues.
MMmmm....what name should we call it?..lol.
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Postby Just 'Pain' Tired » 16 Jul 2013, 23:20

Yeah, there's definitely a need for this!  Two things...does anyone remember Mary Poppins and her cod liver oil?  It's the early version of fish oil or omega 3's that we're hearing so much about.  Second, I'm going to start another post on what not to eat....check it out.  I don't want to hijack this thread!
Just 'Pain' Tired
Proctosphincteranalogist