Going Twice. Not finishing

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Going Twice. Not finishing

Postby Guest » 17 Jul 2013, 10:30

Hi guys, question, For the longest time i have had this fissure (3 years) i was able to go once in the morning and then have healing all days but lately i am not able to finish and have to end up going twice in the day. Could it be mirilax? fiber? I havent really changed anything so i dont know why this is happening?Any ideas?thanks!

Re: Going Twice. Not finishing

Postby Rachael 1984 » 17 Jul 2013, 13:07

Hi splinter boy, I was experiencing this quite a lot, and almost feeling like I needed to go more than usual. The uptake in Fibre can do this, also I think anxiety contributes to a degree. I would want to jump off the toilet as soon as I could in fear of the pain/ spasms that would follow, meaning I wouldn't fully evacuate. Now I relax more and try to just let it slip out and finish. Since the Botox and me becoming more relaxed thanks to Ad's I am not experiencing this as much. Keep the Fibre controlled and judge the dose of stool softener that suits you. If I take too much Movicol I run! Having IBS doesn't help! Damn Anal Fissures
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Guest » 17 Jul 2013, 13:11

thanks for quick response rachael. yeah i dont spend much time on the toilet maybe like minute. I guess i need to relax but its so hard. I do wonder if we will ever be able to pass a formed BM? or will our anal canal become permanently tight since ive been going for bristol 6 stool for like a year. what do u think?

Postby Rachael 1984 » 18 Jul 2013, 00:39

Hi splinter, I have type 3-4 most of the time, in the beginning I was at type 1 most days, due to constipation from IBS. That is why I was in hell, suicidal and depressed. The damn AF's took over my whole life! Now with Movicol and a good diet, I am on the FODMAP plan for IBS I am doing a lot better. I am over the 3 month mark now after Botox, so I am really scared. The one chronic monster isn't dying yet. You have suffered for 3 yrs? Have you had any surgery? I have had a couple of re-tears over the last few months, I do think that the built up scar tissue makes it tighter back there too, and my CRS said that keeping the stools formed but soft is the way to go. I tried Fybogel after my Botox, but them my stool was too bulky! God damn! So I ditched that and radically changed my whole diet. Do you have any Bowel conditions?
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Guest » 18 Jul 2013, 05:45

Like Rachel 1984 said, stress is a major contributor to "incomplete bowels" once the requirements of water and fiber intake are met. You need to relax while "going".

Postby splinterboy1984 » 18 Jul 2013, 06:17

No never had surgery...i just keep healing and then since i am so tight i keep getting new monsters. thats the saddest part of it all. I feel like as time goes on we become tighter and tighter since we dont pass bristol 1-2 anymore becuase of mirilax. these things are a real pain in the ass.(pun intended).
splinterboy1984
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Please go-away! » 18 Jul 2013, 17:17

I also find that either bringing a good book (the kind you can't put down or newspaper/magazine helps me relax more and there for release my pelvic muscle. You can try it.
Even though I'm healed, I also have IBS, got to watch it all the time. It's OK if i go one way a looser BM, but definitely not the other harder BM.
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby blackecho » 18 Jul 2013, 22:45

Ummm ....not sure if this is the same thing....but hopefully someone can help...Have just come off Rectogesic........have found that when I am having a BM....is seems my sphincter isn't actually ummm "snapping shut"...........in other words some of it still hanging ... (sorry to be so umm descriptive.) to the point I have to actually manually remove it............seems like my sphincter is too relaxed....could this be?????
blackecho
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Just 'Pain' Tired » 18 Jul 2013, 23:38

Splinter, a whole part of this AF cycle for me is that the worse the pain/AF and the more often I have had to go (despite eating way less).  When the pain has been intense it is hard to pass a stool at all....let alone 'clear out.'  As pain decreases I go back to a more normal once or twice a day.  People say to 'relax' on the toilet but that isn't possible when pain levels are so high.  It's really unconscious (I believe) and happens whether you try to relax or not.  I recommend focusing on the various steps for healing (ointments, diet, sitz baths), endure the extra BM's, and don't worry too much about the latter.  I remember telling my naturopath that I was trying to figure out how to have just one BM a day and he chuckled and said, "yeah, good luck with that!"  I recall his comment when I get too obsessive about it.  Althoug I understand your desire for less...  My healing has progressed even with these extra trips to the loo (I'm not British but like the phrase!).  I also remind myself that the body is equipped to deal with things like that little amount left hanging.  Just use your wipes, take a sitz and know you're doing everything you can!  :D
Just 'Pain' Tired
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10