Because I just need vent my frustration and hopelessness!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Because I just need vent my frustration and hopelessness!

Postby Ever the Optimist » 13 Aug 2013, 15:30

Hi Sue, :) 
It's always good to catch up and glad to read you have a surgery date through now for September 12th! It does tend to get a bit confusing with who you see and who actually does the op and then you speak to someone you've never met afterwards!....I guess the team must all just share our records!!
The pre-op is a breeze. Funnily enough I remember clearly having one before my final op but I can't ever recall having one before the others either!...They just do your blood pressure and test to check you don't have MRSI etc. Nothing major at all to worry about. It'll be done by a nurse rather than the CRS team, so make sure you air all your issues when you get to see your consultant just before the op........!
Yes, you can never quite prepare yourself for an EUA because they never really know what needs to be done until they are able to take a good look, but if you make it quite clear, you're open to LIS - you never know! I'm a bit confused now for you too because they were saying fistula but now another GP is saying fissure?? I also had this issue though with a couple of GPs....I was told I had a pilonidol sinus even though my CRS had diagnosed the fistula a few weeks before, so that caused a lot of confusion! It was however as my CRS had diagnosed all along..... and the fistula was treated accordingly in the end.
Well, at least you will know and you will be treated finally! I so hope things get sorted for you soon - 2.5 years is just too long and you are so right to put yourself first....It is really hard when you're having to juggle work too, but there comes a time when you just have to get yourself sorted out properly, so you can resume a normal working life again. As you say, one day at a time, is always a good way to go! There's just no point dwelling on the past or stressing about what will come......
I also hope you at least, will know exactly what is going on and your surgery will put you in the right direction this time round! It may not be the most comfortable birthday you've ever spent - but a bit of enlightenment and confidence that you are going to get better should make your special day truly worth celebrating!! Fingers crossed tightly for you - as ever.
All OK in ETO world! Obviously, I have a lot less to worry about these days and things are generally good (other then bothersome hems - which I NEVER had prior to all this malarky), and I don't think my bottom will ever go back completely to the way it once was, but hey, when I feel a bit sore or get a bit of a twinge, I just remind myself of the truly excruciating pain I was once in and count myself lucky! Thanks for asking :) 
Please keep updating on your progress and the outcome of your EUA. I will be thinking of you and sending you lots of positive healing vibes! Take care and stay strong! You WILL get there in the end I'm sure x x
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again