I am new

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: I am new

Postby marg6043 » 20 Aug 2013, 12:50

Sarahp2222, having pain after a procedure or surgery is normal, discomfort, irritation and weird feelings is all normal.
You just have the area of the procedure manipulated, probably depending what the doctor did, like scraping, cutting or stitching will leave the area bruised and achy.
Is all normal.
Now, some people can take pain different than others, while some are more sensitive others can take great amounts of trauma before feeling pain.
That is all normal.
If your pain do not subside with the pain meds the doctor gave you, by all means call the doctors offices and tell them how you are feeling, is ok to do that, they will understand and perhaps can guide you on what to do next.
The pain will subside eventually, I hope that you find some relief soon.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby Sarahp2222 » 20 Aug 2013, 17:00

I took my first sitz bath and it was really painful for sitting down,I kinda figured because the doctor did cut me open around my anus and the anus and cheek area is the irritated areas.I have been taking 2 Norco pain meds every 4 to 6 hours because of the excruciating pain.The people at the hospital called today to see how I was feeling,and I did tell them that i was still in pain,i had to call my doctors nurse,and i told her and she said to just take the sitz baths,use the cream and take 2 pain meds and if by friday or so its still bad then to call back up there.
Sarahp2222
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7

Postby Guest » 20 Aug 2013, 17:22

So sorry for the initial pain even after bathing. At least you will cut down on the infections though with the sitz. Better less pain free days are just around the corner. We must keep fighting through these tough few days Sarahp.
They say the first 3-4 days or so and then things should start improving. Some people try squatting and not sitting squarely to help alleviate the pain. Perhaps getting on your knees and slowly dipping your bum under the water in the tub will help.
GL
Last edited by Guest on 20 Aug 2013, 17:34, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Sarahp2222 » 20 Aug 2013, 17:33

I cant wait till the pain goes away its the most pain ive had in my 25 years old living
Sarahp2222
Fibre Addict

Topics: 7