Ouch, Ouch, Ouch :-(

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Ouch, Ouch, Ouch :-(

Postby Rachael 1984 » 21 Aug 2013, 11:37

Yippee!! Well done! Excellent news.
Image Image
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Sunshine » 22 Aug 2013, 13:25

Thank you Buttastic & Rachael, there really is light at the end of the tunnell Image 
And if I can get there, so can everyone Image  X
Sunshine
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 22 Aug 2013, 15:12

Congrats sunshine I'm delighted to read your news. Doesn't it feel great to be told your healed. Do you still get a little but of irritation from scar tissue? I do it's not painful just a little sting now & again to remind me to be careful.
Take care if yourself x
Deleted User 2543

Postby Please go-away! » 22 Aug 2013, 18:45

Great job Sunshine, I get that too, Edel a little stingy,sore, nothing more, hay that rhymes..lol.
All the best to everyone..Image 
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby Sunshine » 23 Aug 2013, 11:20

Hello, & Thank you both :D 
Yes i get the odd twinge, and occasional lighning shock. The Surgeon said it is normal healing as the Fissure is now scar tissue, and it is to be expected.
Also I think it is a reminder not to lapse on the water and food front...just a little reminder like Terminator...I'll Be Back!!!!!!!
But it sooo wont!!!! I shall not go down the bad food path. I know what a Fissure feels like, and will do everything in my power NEVER to go there again :D 
Good healthy food, loads of water= Happy Bum Image
Sunshine
Salt Bather

Postby Deleted User 2543 » 31 Aug 2013, 15:56

Hey sunshine,
How are you doing since your good news? I'm still doing good still get bit stingy but nothing to worry about tg.
You say I quote "I shall not go down the bad food path. I know what a Fissure feels like, and will do everything in my power NEVER to go there again "
I agree 😃
Deleted User 2543

Postby Sunshine » 01 Sep 2013, 04:32

Hiya Edel94,
Glad to hear your still doing well :D 
I too am still getting the odd twinge, and have noticed the last few days my Sphinkter is getting a bit tighter! Not sure why this is. I havent changed my food or my water intake, but the last few BM's have been a lot thinner than usual.
Still smooth, but the muscle is deffinately tighter.
I have resumed use with the vaseline, as dont want to start on the Rectogesic again, as I have no actual pain or any sign or a re-tear. Not quite sure what its about, but am still feeling positive and well.
Its amazing really that after having a Fissure, I think you are forever aware of even the slightest change in any BMs or bum activity!! Certainly the most pampered part of the body for attention to detail anyway Image 
Image  X
Sunshine
Salt Bather

Postby Please go-away! » 01 Sep 2013, 20:17

I noticed that too sunshine, I got a little tighter for a couple of week's, now it's looser, because I was recommended to do mild yoga/stretching exercises..Like the downward dog and there is a few more and it get's my colon moving.
That's so true Sunshine..he he, every time I go to the bathroom, I keep singing the song..Under pressure..and then after a B.M. I repeat ahhh what a good poopy..Oh silly me..it's amazing have a smooth as silk B.M can make you so happy, never did before..lol.
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby Sunshine » 02 Sep 2013, 00:26

Thats such a relief to hear someone else had this too and it went again. It does tend to send you into short term panic at the thought of it all starting up again!
I love the song!! haha
I find everytime I have a normal BM now, I then sit there with a big smile saying..Thank you Thank you Thank you Image 
Thanks for the tip, I may have to look up a few of those excersises Image 
Image  X
Never again will a pain free BM be taken for granted
Sunshine
Salt Bather

Postby Sunshine » 03 Oct 2013, 10:32

Hello all, hope everyone is doing well :-)

Well As I stated in previouse posts, I had my appointment with a lovely CRS on the 16th of August, and got the all clear in as much as my Fissure was now scar tissue. Fab news. But two weeks later, I noticed my Sphincter was getting tighter again. No idea why as I stuck to everything I was dong before, so nothing new to cause a problem.

By the 6th of September, I was back to using the recto again, but sadly my scar tissue is now a fissure again :-(

I am not back to the passing glass stage thank God, and hope never to go there again. But the muscle is so tight I am back to toothpaste BMs which sting during passing the fissure. Because the muscle has locked so tight again, even though my BMs are all soft and smooth, the muscle just wont allow them to pass out without pushing! I end up with a bulge of stool trying to leave my body, that wont unless I strain, which as we all know, is NOT want my body needs right now!
My next appointment with the CRS is a week tomorrow, and that one was going to be for the camera to check inside as last time she didnt want to use the camera as I had scar tissue, and she didnt want to cause a re tear. Well there is no way im having the camera now! But I will need a new supply of rectogesic by then!

She did say last time that if it hapend again, we would look at a botox injection, I so didnt want to go down that road :-( Not that anyone does I know. It ws just so lovely to have normal pain free BMs for those two weeks, I really thought I had beaten it.
At least this time round I know what im up against with these nasty little Fissures, so I shall be prepaired to fight it again :-)

Love & Sunshine to you all. Hope you are all doing fantastic :-) xx
Sunshine
Salt Bather