Eating on a schedule

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Eating on a schedule

Postby Kreaybutt » 04 Sep 2013, 18:33

Good evening everyone!
So I have a question about your guys' eating habits.
I'm on a pretty set eating schedule everyday. Breakfast at 8:00, lunch at 11:00, big snack around 2-3:00, dinner at 6:00 then night snack at 9:00. Sometimes I get get hungry in between my Eating times but am scared to eat fearing it might throw off my BM's or make them larger (bulkier). Do you snack whenever your hungry or wait till it's meal time? Do you think it effects your BM's? I want to get back to eating/snacking whenever my body wants it! Thanks guys!
Kreaybutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 30

Re: Eating on a schedule

Postby Now66 » 05 Sep 2013, 08:06

I pretty much eat on a strict schedule with no snacking. I find my activity level to be more important. So if I'm physically working hard on the weekend rather than sitting in the office, my BM schedule will change BUT that doesn't seem to make for BM troubles. I wish I were a regular first thing in the morning every day BMer, but my body just doesn't seem to work that way.
Now66
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 15

Postby Deleted User 2950 » 06 Sep 2013, 10:45

We hear you Kreaybutt;
Before my fissure battles I lived @ around 185 lbs. During my AF battles I could dip into the 160's but I still felt great.
Eating is so fun and stress releasing for many of us and we understand how you feel wanting to put the lbs back on. Also with your nursing child you may be concerned with your child's overall health concerning your weight and breastfeeding.
I would consult my Dr. on these issues if you haven't already and I would probably tend to put back on the lbs regardless of whats going on "down there" for the sake of my nursing child if that indeed is an issue and worry about my bum later, post breastfeeding.
If you've already weaned your child off the nursing than perhaps you should cut down on the snacking and odd eating hours for the sake of your bum. Sure, snacking can affect your bm's but you may have said something that AF's seem to love to hear....
I want to get back to eating/snacking whenever my body wants it!
Don't we all Kreaybutt......don't we all  :)
Deleted User 2950

Postby Zeesh » 06 Sep 2013, 14:06

I pretty much still eat whenever/whatever I want. I don't know if that is detrimental to my condition or not, but I am not giving up on food until I find a conclusive link hehe.
To make sure my BM are not big and hard, I am taking stool softeners 2-3 times a day and it has been fairly good so far. Although I have stopped taking psyllium husk fiber supplements. They were causing too much gas and cramping as well as bulking up my stool, which I didn't want.
Zeesh
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2