Ouch, Ouch, Ouch :-(

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Ouch, Ouch, Ouch :-(

Postby Ever the Optimist » 03 Oct 2013, 16:12

Oh Sunshine,
I'm sorry to read that you have relapsed a little - Can you pin-point any particular reason for this or has your GP suggested one? It's good to hear that you are not suffering the intensity of pain you originally had but you must be frustrated all the same! Was your GP able to confirm that the fissure is actually properly open again??
It's reassuring at least that you will be seeing your CRS again next week and hopefully will get some answers as to why this is happening to you and why everything is so tight again.
Have you been more stressed than usual generally??
Please update after your appointment & yes, if there's one positive, it's that you know exactly what you have to do to fight the monsters away!!
You take care & try to stay as relaxed as possible about it all xx
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby Sunshine » 03 Oct 2013, 16:41

Hello there E.T.O Thank you for your kind words.

The only thing that I changed, is from the date of seeing my CRS when she told me it was now scar tissue, and to no longer use the Rectogesic. I then had two clear weeks, but then my Sphincter went tight, and it all started up again.

I have stuck to the soft food, the 3 litres of water a day, the vitamins etc, just not used the Recto. Which I am now realising, is what has changed!! But I was on it for eight weeks, surely you cant be on it forever?

I havent been back to my Doctor as I knew I had this appointment with the CRS next Friday. But I do know it has opened up again by the pain during BMs and the dull throb im left with after. Im using the recto am & pm, and vaseline in between during the day. And I am, as I type, back to sitting on a water bottle again! Oh the joy :-)

Hope all is well in your world :-) xx
Sunshine
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Deleted User 2950 » 04 Oct 2013, 13:29

Hey there Sunshine

Good to hear from you since our migration to over here. Yeah that darn sphincter muscle can make us so frustrated, and why do we have to have an inner and outer one on top of that.

Well, before I get too upset for you let me just say I know you still have that fighting spirit in you and just like before will take this new challenge by the horns and not let go until it is under control again. Keep telling yourself, "something will work, there's gotta be a way".

We wish you all the best on the upcoming Dr. visits, and just keep up the fight and that "Sunshine" spirit of yours and you will eventually beat this thing.......to death.

GL to you.....
Deleted User 2950

Postby Sunshine » 04 Oct 2013, 17:19

Hiya Buttastic :-)

Good to hear from you, & thanks for the good wishes.

I must admit, I did start to feel a bit down when it went from scar tissue, to a tight Sphincter, and then a fissure again :-( But then I thought...Nope, im not having this. I have been through far worse (passing broken glass) so will cope with this.
So, recto twice a day, vasseline in between, hot water bottle at night and a positive attitude that it will heal :-)

I would like to know how long anyone has used the recto for. I used it last time for the eight weeks, which is how long it says to use it for. The CRS told me I could stop using it as the fissure was then scar tissue, but two weeks after stopping it, the problems began. I dont know if there is any problem with using it long term, so if anyone knows that would be a help :-)

Thanks again for your kind words :-)

Wishing you a painfree happy life :-) xx
Sunshine
Salt Bather

Postby Sunshine » 11 Oct 2013, 07:18

Hello everyone :-)

Well ive just got back from seeing the CRS, who saw for himself that my Sphincter muscle has now locked tight again, and the scar tissue is now a fissure again too.

He told me I had three options now, so before he even listed them, I said I didnt want Botox or LIS, he then said that the other option was Diltiazem, which I jumped at.

He looked quite shocked that I knew of it, which is when I gave him the web link for here, and told him to give it to all his fissure patients as it is a lifesaver and gives you so much information, help and support.

So, I have Diltiazem to use for 6 weeks, and ive got to go back to see the CRS in 8 weeks. The only thing I dont know, is how much to use as there is no instruction leaflet! I know I have to use it am & pm, and it has to stay in the fridge, but no details of the amount to use. So if anyone knows, that would be a great help.

Hope everyone is having a really good day and drinking plenty of water :-) xx
Sunshine
Salt Bather